Islands no longer for Assetto Corsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I have so little free time but I need to try this. It looks absolutely great and I love the map!
Did you plan this out in advance, or did the islands and ideas develop as you worked on it?

I'll just leave this here
I know that feeling:

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_p1_islands-beta_9-8-116-16-41-45.jpg

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_p1_islands-beta_9-8-116-16-46-6.jpg

:whistling:

Where will pitboxes be? At some gas station, on a place with nice views, or near some ferry station?
:p
There was a suggestion put pits on a mansion...it should be big enought for few cars :)

Did you plan this out in advance, or did the islands and ideas develop as you worked on it?
The first step was select few photos with beautiful roads from around the world. Then I put some layout together and after that I created surrounding terrain. There was some changes during development, but nothing major. Simply said, the original idea is still the same. This is original first map

Ooooh! A mansion?! That sounds nice.... I was just about to suggest that you put in some farm houses with little dirt driveways off the main roads. There is so much open space available. I'm sure you'll think of wonderful ways to fill it up! You're doing a magnificent job with this project!!! :thumbsup: :)

That bridge is so awesome. You can flat out fly on that thing! Although, if you don't slow down for the end of the bridge and hit that right hand turn, you literally will fly. Upside-down. Into your watery grave. :(
rAUeBBE.jpg

BKLYdqt.jpg

There were only 2 more payments left on that car... :cry:

Guys, some interesting beta update, I made some AI line around both islands, and I am excited.
Performance is really good, a little bit depends on cars. Official are very good, modded are worse on gpu performance at start. I tested with 9 oponents at 90%, same cars in grid: lotus exige v6 cup, veloce gts and bmw 1m.
I need to correct all wall bridges, because they are counted as valid track, also middle bariers on main bridge, but AI did it with few drift collisions during overtaking.:thumbsup: There was one AI car retirement in one race. AI was really good in the narrowest S3 sector, I should train more :cautious: .
Let me know how good or bad was on your computers with cars you have chosen.

This is not final AI line. I have one idea...make AI line only in the right road lane. It could be interesting for this kind of track.

AI file link

EDIT: practise and qualifycation are not working, only race session.
EDIT2: recover death AI link

Last edited:
So I had a go against ai and it works. I'm a lousy driver so they left me behind till I lost focus and crashed somewhere. One out of 6 ai drivers retired. Great job and thank you.

My pc tends to get >99% warning with more than 10 AI in official tracks, I tested with 7-8 AI (all official supersports cars) and I got some 99% occupancy in the first part of the track when it goes downhill near the start of S2. BTW AI hits the guardarails some times at the second island.
Great work :)))))))) wonderful track ATM

Edit: tested with 8 gt3 and 5 got retired after half lap

Last edited:
Did something change with one of those updated files? All of a sudden I can't freeroam anymore. If I turn around, I get the 'Wrong Way' icon on the middle of my screen and then it throws me back to the pits. I used to be able to drive in any direction I wanted.

Did something change with one of those updated files? All of a sudden I can't freeroam anymore. If I turn around, I get the 'Wrong Way' icon on the middle of my screen and then it throws me back to the pits. I used to be able to drive in any direction I wanted.
You can't have an AI line and free roam. Remove the AI line (delete or rename AI folder) and you can free roam again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back