A weekend Project

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

A track update coming?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

IMO: there is nothing wrong with the asphalt textures it self.

But if you mean the layer with the static rubber, dirt and skid marks.
Yes, i like that on Iracing tracks. A green track doesn't excist.
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6211-TRACK-TEXTURES-photorealistic-textures

I didnt say there was anything wrong with it. I'm saying iRacing textures looks way better, especially road/asphalt textures. There is a bright, clear/crisp, dynamic and detailed look to them. rFactor textures looks like something that doesnt belong in 2016 to me. The bump map or if it's the texture itself, I'm not sure, but it looks like the scaling is off in many tracks in rFactor, like the bumps and details is just a little bit too big.

Is it true that rFactor physics reacts also to textures? O heard this somewhere and it would expain a little why there is such low resolution many times and not much variety.

I still find it interesting that so many have no interest in fictional tracks. Seems silly but to each his own. I see sim racing as its own thing but I'm lucky that way I guess. To me sim racing is real. I have a real G27 on my desk connected to a real PC connected to real people that I race against over the real internet. Who cares whether the location is fictional? It is a simulator after all, isn't it?

I still find it interesting that so many have no interest in fictional tracks. Seems silly but to each his own. I see sim racing as its own thing but I'm lucky that way I guess. To me sim racing is real. I have a real G27 on my desk connected to a real PC connected to real people that I race against over the real internet. Who cares whether the location is fictional? It is a simulator after all, isn't it?
I think you answered your own question... "It is a simulator after all...". I like the simulation of real cars and real tracks ;) For me, it's not that I wouldn't want to see some fantasy tracks but I don't tend to race those much. For me my favorite tracks are those I have an IRL connection.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back