rF2 ISI Multiclass Endurance @ Thruxton - Sat 29th Nov

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
:( my internet decided it didn't like me racing. It was going great until i hit the sleeping police department, well put david :D, those curbs were dangerous but the track was good fun. I really enjoyed the flowing nature of it. Looking forward to the bes porsche race!

Damn, my 2-stop fuel strategy sucked hairy balls: I was out of fuel few hundred meters before the first stop, lol.

Then I tried to rejoin but the game crashed, so I deciced to call it a day. Thanks for the race!

Same thing for me... Rejoin didn't work and I couldn't enter as spectator. :O_o: Game just crashed... It's the first time the game crashed for me... Strange!

I enjoyed racing the ISI Megane. :)
I was a bit to greedy to battle with Miroslav in the first couple of laps. Which wasn't necessary: Because I was planning to do a double stint the tires. :geek: Just a quick refill and go again. That whould save 7-10sec...(Maybe 3 stints :geek:).

Sorry for my out track in the first lap, i coudn't stop the car and it went straight to the track and
someone could not avoid me and hit me. Sorry again.
The start i had a stop and go (i dont know why) and and counted as my firtst pit stop, after when i entry to refueling, dont loaded, thus without fuel, out the race.
Grats all and thk for the race.

Loads of fun racing with you all today.Had not driven the GTR in a race since probably over a year ago and it was fantastic.

Quali did not go bad for me but traffic kept being a factor and i could not get that little bit more for pole so i settled for p3.Top three GTR's were only off by 3 tent's of a second so i was expecting a shootout in the beginning.I was really wandering what there strategy would be at the start.

The start went well for the top three GTR's but i think there was an incident behind me but not sure.Second or third lap the p2 car had a little off and it was just me and Georg with my TXL partner James not far behind.Georg seemed to be pushing a little harder and i gave it just enough to keep him fairly close but i was not going to get suckered into pushing to hard so he got a two or three second gap on me witch i could close somewhat on the strait with higher top speed.Then at around 25-30 minutes in Georg pitted witch was really surprising.I figured he must have been on a two stop strategy and i was only planing one stop.I new i could still do 1:08's even with 45 minute old tires so at that point i new i had it in the bag as long as i just drove my laps and did not make any mistakes.Had to dodge a few cars here and there,most notably a Corvette and a dislodged tire sitting in the middle if the fastest part of the back strait.My luck held out and i don't think i ever had any contact with anybody as i was lapping cars.

Congrats to all the class winners and everyone who finished.Also i want to give a shout out to James for making the skin and also nice pace until the problems:thumbsup:. Thanks also to the staff for setting up these club races very much appreciated.:)

Last edited:
Congrats Matt and class winners.

Quali in 4th and 2nd place overall were simply the best result possible considering it was the 1st time with this car and the 1st time in this track.

On the 1st lap the 3rd place GTR went to the grass on the long right hander and coming back to the track just lost it and shot to my front so we both went for some high speed donuts in the grass returned in 8th with some damage to the front but the car was driveable. Spent the next 3 laps getting clear of the other non-GTRs when I finally got past the front pack had developed a good lead. It was clear at that time a podium finish was the best I could hope for.

Damaged the underside of the car two more times on the high kerbs and decided to not repair the car which might have been a mistake as it became understeery.

Still with two stops this was the best result possible.

It was a great event. :thumbsup:
Multiclass races are so much fun and this one proved it. :D

I decided to go with the Megane and it was a good decision since it was one of the most consistent races i ever had. No big mistakes and everything went smooth. I'm happy with my performance with this car/track combo.

What fun.
I was finding the GTR GT1 a handful in practice and really cooking tyres so went for the Megane.
Nice car on this track.
Poss 3 sec slower than the GTR, less than 1 sec slower than the "Vette" and faster than the Camaro and you could push everywhere and do 40 laps at least on tyres.

I explained my reasons for choosing the Megane to @Jason Skyring (1st mistake as he switched too), then I gave him my setup (2nd mistake as he beat me!).

Having seen @Matt Horst do a 35 lap practice run and drop only 1 sec on pace meant he was managing his tyres very well. When Georg took pole after saying in practice his tyre wear was bad it looked interesting. Matt managed to 1 stop which was great driving and what I love about this game and tyres.
A few of Megane guys Daiman, Jason and myself were in TS along with James Maskell and one or two others which was fun. I changed tyres once at my second stop.
@Daiman Patel won the "mid pack megane derby" by using ONLY ONE set of tyres*. Mate your wife really needs to give you more budget.
Jason changed tyres and pushed like mad to catch Daiman again.
@Miroslav Davidovic congrats on a giant killing performance. P3 in the Megane.

We have to do a 90 min once a month for sure:)
Well done to all drivers, great fun and we are all rediscovering how good the ISI GT cars are now.
See you soon on other tracks, with maybe some weather:geek:

Thanks @Gijs van Elderen for organising and who was on great pace in the Megane as well.
*The Megane took 15-17 sec for a full tank, tyres add 22-23 sec to that.

Stop and Go penalty for me because I have overtaken Jason before the finish line: I thought it was like IndyCar Series, when you can race as the green flag is waved in the air !! Too bad for me, but when I decided to do my penalty, I loose the rear of the car at the final braking point in 3rd lap, I spun...:O_o:

Definitely, those GT cars cant't be safely handled with a pad (plus the fact that I had no aids except clutch...), and maybe I had too much rear brake (52/48), anyway...

Was good fun :)
It was the first time I drove a roofed car in rf2 and the track was new for me as well. I was a bit suprised how easy it is to find the limit with the GT cars. So it was Pole ;)
Tyre wear was quite heavy for me but I think this was because of the less experience with this kind of cars. So I planned a 2 stop. At the first stop I speeded in pitlane and got a Penalty. Than I unfortunatly had to left because of the damn real life :D But nevertheless it was fun and would had been very interesting fight for P1 with different strategy to Matt.
I think in future I`ll join more often club races with these cars :)

I did't know that I could get the megane, so I decided to the 370z, I think it's a very funny car. I was surprised when I entered in the qualy and I saw that I was the one with the 370, as it is much slower and I hindered. I think that this car shouldn't have been included for this race because it's so lower than the other cars.

Good race!

Had a fight with a Vette. Very cool fight in fact.
I knew he had to stop at least once for fuel and probs tires so that would take him about 45-55 sec or so. I had to do three stops. I've seen in Q that the right front is just going in the braking zones of the two chicanes so if I just could sort that out I could go through with one set I thougt. That's exactly what happend, so three stops for 15-16 sec is about 45-55 sec (the stop of the Vette). Somewhere mid race after the first stop of the Vette he was catching up on me with fresh rubber mostly in the two braking zones and and 3rd sector straights whereas at the end of his first stint he was loosing some time on old rubber.
I noticed actually chicanes exits and the fast turns in second sector I could pull of a bit and saw in the rear view mirror he had understeering there. He still was catching up but I just could hold the distance at 0.4-0.5 at the end of the last straight. This was really nuts. From first to the third sector I could gain about half a sec or a little more and then the question was will he be able to catch me in the third sector. If he catces up as it lookes like I though that is fine but I can just hold him up a bit and then let him go saving the tires for the last stints and pit.

But I had to ask the Vette how long it can go the pace without destroying tires :sneaky: and loosing a bit of pace as this was what I needed knowing I have one stop to do and push again to catch up. I upped the pace a bit knowing my tires are not happy with that in the chicanes and braking zones just to force the Vette to stick with me and destroy it's tires and believe it or not it worked well as I noticed he is loosing more and more time in the fast corners. I was like: " darn, is this cool lol"

I don't know what happened there exactly cuz somewhere along the last stint the Vette had problems and lost time big times but hell that would have been a fancy fight there till the end.

My tires were fine for the whole race and I could have managed two eventually three more stints on the same pace. But man I had to take a shower after the race lol.

This is a great combo if you have somebody who matches the pace to race with.
Awesome aswell with different cars with completely different advantages and disadvantages. Just awesome. Probs one of the best rF2 races for me personally.

I do not expect anybody here to understand the movie I had running in the race there but I thought, hell why not I'd just post it. :p I don't know mybe at the end the Vette had a completly different storry and race but that is what I thought and it was fun. :laugh:

So thanks RD and everybody who took part!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back