ISI dumps non-Steam Version after next build

Converted to Steam, emailed support as website said in order to have remaining online time transferred and ISI is now saying that I need to upgrade to lifetime because I didn't email them before converting to Steam. They also said many others were in the same boat as me (obviously because website does not say that you need to email in advance of converting). So, because I feel sorry for them in general and also don't want to make it more difficult, I agreed to upgrade if they would lift my (unjustly permanent) forum ban so I could receive technical support. Nope. Nothing do'in. Same old ISI. So I restated my request to have time transferred and that the ball is in their court. My letter to the Better Business Bureau is all typed up and ready to go (on this, on forum ban and on deception during Steam Greenlight ; although I'll probably throw in misrepresentation of product scope for good measure). Let's see what they come back with.

Converted to Steam, emailed support as website said in order to have remaining online time transferred and ISI is now saying that I need to upgrade to lifetime because I didn't email them before converting to Steam. They also said many others were in the same boat as me (obviously because website does not say that you need to email in advance of converting). So, because I feel sorry for them in general and also don't want to make it more difficult, I agreed to upgrade if they would lift my (unjustly permanent) forum ban so I could receive technical support. Nope. Nothing do'in. Same old ISI. So I restated my request to have time transferred and that the ball is in their court. My letter to the Better Business Bureau is all typed up and ready to go (on this, on forum ban and on deception during Steam Greenlight ; although I'll probably throw in misrepresentation of product scope for good measure). Let's see what they come back with.

Good to know that, i just checked this thread before doing the conversion and i will e-mail them before converting, i still have 167 days remaining which is still a lot, so i hope they will convert that time to steam

• Deleted member 130869

I thought I was ok but I need help with Steam Workshop..... :rolleyes:

My issue is I have tried numerous times but can't successfully be unsubscribed from Race Events on Steam. From unchecking the item and related vehicles on a web browser to doing so via Steam launcher, to deleting files off the Installed folder. What steps must be taken so that thing doesn't keep updating? I just cannot find a way to remove rF2 from automatically (re)subscribing to everything.

It is a terribly faulty system which requires all cars to be available, and any time there is an update, someone from staff has to repackage the Race Events, and being forcefully subscribed means my game downloads content which I don't want to have, to take up HDD space, especially when there is outdated content that is required by another Race Event. :poop:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 130869

The transfer went quite smoothly with me, but re-installing all the mods, copying setups and settings and unsubscribing from some workshop-stuff takes quite a while.

Best thing to do is copy the Userdata folder, keeping Controllers, Settings, and player.json to a new folder and then dragging it over to the Steam install.

Does anyone know if I can simply convert my existing installation to Steam? It would be really annoying to have to uninstall and then reinstall the same software again.

I thought I was ok but I need help with Steam Workshop..... :rolleyes:

My issue is I have tried numerous times but can't successfully be unsubscribed from Race Events on Steam. From unchecking the item and related vehicles on a web browser to doing so via Steam launcher, to deleting files off the Installed folder. What steps must be taken so that thing doesn't keep updating? I just cannot find a way to remove rF2 from automatically (re)subscribing to everything.

It is a terribly faulty system which requires all cars to be available, and any time there is an update, someone from staff has to repackage the Race Events, and being forcefully subscribed means my game downloads content which I don't want to have, to take up HDD space, especially when there is outdated content that is required by another Race Event. :poop:
I think you are automatically subscribed to ISI content.You cant unsubscribe from(i think).

• Deleted member 130869

Yup, you can unsubscribe. I was unfortunate to run into an intermittent issue where somehow the system wouldn't update though eventually, it stayed unsubscribed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back