ISI announces jGED, a new modding tool for rFactor 2

Main.jpg
Image Space Incorporated has announced a new proprietary modding tool.

jGED is a gMotor 2-based tool, made by ISI "as an effort to remove the reliance on 3DS Max as the only tool for rF2 modding", as the press release reads. This is big news for modders, as they won't be restricted to a single platform [3DS Max] anymore. In terms of functionality, jGED should be largely the same as the latest gMotor 2 plugins for 3DS Max.

The editor uses the same engine and shaders as rFactor 2, which could potentially spark a surge in rF2 modding - which is, as we've already seen, capable of creating some amazing content. jGED should be available in the coming weeks.

Let us know what you think in the comments: are you going to use the new editor?

Last edited by a moderator:
How come such a reaction to a simple statement of fact? I didn't say I thought it was expensive, I didn't compare it to any other titles, I didn't make any judgement on value for money. I just copied the costs straight from the website.

Somewhat over sensitive?
That's cool but I read it as sarcasm too. It seems that RF2 always gets the "expensive rap" and it probably, other thatn gsce, is the cheapest. :)

How come such a reaction to a simple statement of fact? I didn't say I thought it was expensive, I didn't compare it to any other titles, I didn't make any judgement on value for money. I just copied the costs straight from the website.

Somewhat over sensitive?
If I have missed your point, please illuminate what it was exactly?

Anyone knows if this would work for rF1 and thus GSCEx?

I know. It does not work with rFactor 1 or any other title based on that engine. gJED actually uses the rFactor 2 graphics engine while importing your assets so you can finetune them and be 100% sure they look the same in-game. The differences between rFactor 2 and 1 graphically are too big, and ISI no longer develop new features for rFactor 1.

That's comparing apples and oranges. gJED is a tool that imports a complete scene in FBX format and allows you to tweak materials and such before exporting it to rFactor 2 format (so GMT's and SCN files etc.). It is not a 3D modelling tool like 3DSMax or BTB (both of which are also quite different).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back