Is XD any good? Comments and Advice welcome.

As in title, why is it that this piece of software seems to get so little use?

Is there something wrong with it? Is it an 'illegal' mod? Does it do something bad that I don't know about?

I know a lot here use a second screen for far more info, but some of us don't have/want a second screen but we would like the info displayed in a similar way to that in rFactor.

Any words of wisdom/info would be welcome.

Why do you think it gets little use?

I have used it for just about all my GTL races here in the past year. It didn't work for me in Race 07 at the start, that's the only reason I didn't use it there.
It's a very useful thing, would have troubles adjusting back to racing without it. The only downside I can think of is that it could get distracting.

Get XD here!
It's more than about the car. Presentations for weather, wet or dry indications and temps are available. During practice and quali you can see everyone elses lap times while on track. During the race you can see everyones placing and their time back from the leader!

There is a tach available, I don't use that, but you can position the little car with all the tire/brake/engine info anywhere on the screen that you like! Tire temperatures on the fly, see the brakes warm up while braking to get the brake duct size right. Visual info on punctures and graphic color changes of the tires to indicate overheating in realtime. The only thing it doesn't do is tell you just how bad any aero damage is.

Did I mention it computes fuel consumption after a three lap drive of the track? Or that it tells you how many laps are left based on fuel in the tank?

OMG! What have I done, I just let out info about one of the best tools in racing to....everyone!

You can't go wrong as it's free!!
I do however prefer and use MotecAdd, but it's not free and currently doesn't work with the latest patch of Race07, so while waiting for MotecAdd to provide an update I went back to XD... if only the guys at MotecAdd were as quick to update their software as the XD guys!

I agree, motec is much better and have ised prograns similar in F1 sims.
I don't try to analyze that much anymore, just drive by seat of the pants, I bet it shows too! Lol!
Way too many srros corrected in this post, way too many Margarita's with dinner!

Heheh, Dennis you should take it easy with the keyboard after supper :)

There are a lot of us that started off with XD and have purchased MotecAD because it gives you more information in real time.

XD is a great little program and will show you little things that will help you out a bit. Tire temps are one of the main things, but you can also see engine wear and brake temps as well as seeing how much fuel you are using per lap so you can calculate your fuel better for the event without having way too much or too little.

You can't go wrong as it's free!!
I do however prefer and use MotecAdd, but it's not free and currently doesn't work with the latest patch of Race07, so while waiting for MotecAdd to provide an update I went back to XD... if only the guys at MotecAdd were as quick to update their software as the XD guys!

With the 2 updates before the last one. XD needed updating where Motocadd was working fine and didnt need a update. :p
But Motocadd is a more complicated tool so it takes some time to change something by Alek. :)

I'd be interested in MotecAdd ( price is surely not exagerated ) if I knew with precision the features you have in addition compared with XD and what you don't have like XD.

( Motec i2 Pro is surely the best but seems very difficult to use ! And question of price ... I cannot find the price of the standard licence, but surely too expensive for me. :frown: )

I'd be interested in MotecAdd ( price is surely not exagerated ) if I knew with precision the features you have in addition compared with XD and what you don't have like XD.

( Motec i2 Pro is surely the best but seems very difficult to use ! And question of price ... I cannot find the price of the standard licence, but surely too expensive for me. :frown: )

MoTec i2 Pro is free for noncommercial use ;) If you use it with real car you have to buy the box (or something like that) and then you need to pay for the license, that is why they have two versions. I have some tools to MoTec i2 to help the analysis, PM me for the link if you're interested. MotecAdd gives you realtime telemetry, some one who has it could maybe post some info (or link to info)

MoTec i2 Pro, download link: http://www.motec.com/filedownload.php/mi2_pro_1.17.0014.exe?docid=2409

Thanks for the info Kennet!
I'll have much reading to do about Motec i2 Pro to install it and adjust everything to make it work first and then try to understand how it works and how take profit of it for setups and so on !

A good link here at RD for install and adjustments to do ?

Motec i2Pro doesn't do real time, so you have to complete your tests exit to garage and then look at the data. MotecAd does real time both in game as well as through a second computer or monitor if you have 2 monitors. Besides giving the same data that XD does, MotecAD also gives suggestions for camber and tire pressure, as well as a host of other things, such as real time track position and a graphic look at where you are compared to others.

I've tried XD some days ago and, yes, it is of some help. Btw I have a question, the track temperature is different between XD and Motec i2. In XD it starts at 20 and raise gradually to 27, in Motec i2 it is steady at 27. Who is right? And does the track temperature influnce lap times?

Thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back