Is this the slowest Internet site?

Is it me or is this just about the slowest site there is?
For me, on two different computers, it is just about too slow to use any more. It has been this way for some time now, but I thought it was time I gave feedback as I might finally have to give up and find another sim site to use.
It's the same with both Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. (Win 10)

I understand the theory behind encouraging people to pay for premium membership to get rid of adverts, but some of us have enough outgoings already, and it might also be fair to say I have contributed to this site in other ways with mods that have been popular for a number of years.

But that is beside the point, the fact is the overloaded site presented to non-premium visitors is just too slow and keeps freezing constantly, & does not encourage people to use the site.

Am I the only person who experiences this?

Anyway, I hope this feedback is taken in the spirit it is meant. I have a reasonable laptop and a powerful gaming computer, 37Mb download speeds, but this is genuinely the most troublesome site for me, with constant 'stopped responding' messages & long pauses for advert reloads, I thought you should know.

It's just server load and bandwidth, guys. RD is a high traffic site but as Bram has already said, RD doesn't have the resources of big commercial entities with their uber servers and infinite bandwidth. That means occasionally things slow down a bit at peak times, but it's really not a big deal. As you've just found yourselves, leave it a bit, come back later, and it's all good again. :thumbsup:

As this seems to happen to only a really small percentage of the total visitors there is a reasonable chance these issues are on the client side.

However we will take it into account with our next cycle of maintenance and of course do our best to make RD as smooth as silk for everybody who uses it.

just downloaded
Road America (3 seasons) 1.05
194mb track from AMS in about 8 seconds using chrome

I think actual available bandwidth and page loading times are two different things.

On a page loading request, you may well get all the crap stuff that needs to be displayed very quickly (bandwidth) but your browser could take forever to wade through all the crap and get it onto the page (page loading time).

And some of these ads seem to come with a high maintenance payload and want to drain your PC of every last megahertz of processing power, long after they've initially been displayed.

I was checking the download speed nothing more, just to compare with the 2 post before mine.
And to confirm that chrome it does appear to be more stable and quicker as apposed to IE.
i don't seem to have issues with page loading times even when i don't log in so i cant comment on that sorry. :)

I remember I had the same question last month when I was trying to pay the bills and I found out that I had to pay nearly 60$ for the electric energy. I was shocked, I had never had to deal with that before as I lived with my parents. Now when I moved, all the bills I have to pay by myself. To be honest 60 per month was too much for me and I decided to ask another friend of mine how much do they pay for that. They told me that they have to pay twice less as I use to pay. So the decision was to change the supplier asap as this one is robbing me. I found the usave.co.uk service on the internet and I read a lot of positive feedback about this service. So that's why I decided to use them to change my supplier and it was the right decision. To cut it short, I chose from the available suppliers in my area, and the usave service made the rest. Now I pay 20$ monthly.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back