1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Is this the real full deal?

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Gary Lennon, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have just been sniffing around at ebay for rFactor and found This,do any of you know if this is the proper full install of the game that will include all the reg. codes etc.?,or will i have to buy some additional "License" thing or something to enable online play?.

Thank You.

2. That's a special edition that was brought out in co-op with Intel (with the F12008 BMW Car), it's rFactor with the F1 car bundled basically.

I think PC World sold it mainly over here. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

3. probably genuine enough but not sure if they are the full thing or just a demo as this one was a bundled freebie with some systems, the guy who is selling it probably picked it up from pc world for 1p as some branches were selling these off a few days ago

4. hmm I might bid on that

5. A m8 of mine recently gave me an old rF disc he thought was the full game,but its only the demo version and requires a license purchase to unlock the content and enable online play,it didnt have that proper case,just a cheap paper sleeve with nothing on it,i have asked the seller if this is the full thing with all required codes/license etc..

6. I bought this one on Monday because its such a great price.

Installs fine, has all the cars including the 2008 BMW F1 and finds a load of servers, so i presume it all works how it should.

7. Right
    i'm going to buy the version that James bought but only if he can join servers

8. Bought one, will let you know in a couple of days :)

9. If your all buying copies make sure you at least try to get into one of the PCC events :)

10. James said he tried it and he could get into the server so it looks legit

11. I have Ordered it

12. So ... Rfactor is worth buying then eh chaps?
    Was wondering about this myself lately ...

EDIT ... and does anyone offer it to download online (officially)?

13. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

I ordered it too, and Lee there is a full download with a 1 hour test with it, then it shuts down.
    TBH, this ebay option is much cheaper though mate

14. If you like simracing rFactor is a must have IMO . Quality of the mods is great and the choice is huge !! And its a change if you have Race or EVO.
    I am one of the biggest fan out there i think,And from the year it was released ( 2005) it is still going strong.
    I would say BUY !!!:thumb:

15. Ohh dear, even more tempting now ... my wife will not be happy :lol:

16. She will get used to it .....after a while :D

17. Or she will leave like my 2 ex'es... ...ah what ever from your ex girl to the next girl is what i say :p

18. I have just received it. Is there any new patches i need to download? and is there a patch for vista 64 bit?

19. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

got mine this morning too, good service form that seller :p

just downloading the MMG F1 mod, as I can only see 1 server available

*EDIT* The DVD has version 1.255, which is the current version available from the website.

20. i was just about to ask that question Tim.

I found loads of servers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.