Is this possible the best race sim around atm?

Msportdan

@Simberia
Ive spent the last few days trying a few sims.

AC
RF2 (my fav so far but..)
GSC
Raceroom

and to say I think GSCe is the most authentic sim out there. Ok the visuals aren't on the level AC or RR, but everything else makes up for it. The ffb the sense of immersion in the cockpit the AI... I just want to thank Reiza and what a job they've done with (lets just say) old engine.,. It does put Rf2 in shame in places, and even AC.

carry on reiza the great and hard work is much appreciated here down in Essex lol

cheers guys

Whats your thoughts. on this and other sims atm.?

Last edited:
I see you guys are discussing RealFeel...

Reiza REALLY needs to implement RealFeel in-game somehow. It doesn't have to be a menu, even just some kind of OSD - showing up while you're in the car, or something - will do. There are many overlay HUD plugins, and such, for ISI-engine based games, so this should be possible.

I'm super picky on FFB and tuning right now is just a huge pain, even with the in-game shortcut keys, I have no idea what value I'm setting things to because the RealFeel doesn't tell you what numerical value or even what setting you're changing, you're just completely blinded.

There should also be an updated guide on their exact version of RealFeel as some of the guides I've seen are for older versions of RealFeel with some different settings.

We have a result! First, I found out my wheel was plugged into USB3.0 which I read isn't good so I put it in a 2.0 slot and it felt noticeably better. But the formula cars were still light. Tinkered with the realfeel settings and suddenly the formula cars feel as they should! I'm going to have to spend some time fine tuning them but now I know I can get them right and start properly enjoying this sim. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for all your help guys, I had almost given up hope and you've made me a happy boy. :whistling::thumbsup:

Edit: I get some of that brake feeling now too since it's plugged into the correct USB port. My wheel finally feels the way I expected it too.

Last edited:
I see you guys are discussing RealFeel...

Reiza REALLY needs to implement RealFeel in-game somehow. It doesn't have to be a menu, even just some kind of OSD - showing up while you're in the car, or something - will do. There are many overlay HUD plugins, and such, for ISI-engine based games, so this should be possible.

I'm super picky on FFB and tuning right now is just a huge pain, even with the in-game shortcut keys, I have no idea what value I'm setting things to because the RealFeel doesn't tell you what numerical value or even what setting you're changing, you're just completely blinded.

There should also be an updated guide on their exact version of RealFeel as some of the guides I've seen are for older versions of RealFeel with some different settings.
There is a setting in the realfeal.ini that turns on a voice telling you the numerical value. Im not home right now so i cant tell you exactly what it is. But whrn you change the settings in game a voice would say "maxforce 2500" or whatever you are changing

We have a result! First, I found out my wheel was plugged into USB3.0 which I read isn't good so I put it in a 2.0 slot and it felt noticeably better. But the formula cars were still light. Tinkered with the realfeel settings and suddenly the formula cars feel as they should! I'm going to have to spend some time fine tuning them but now I know I can get them right and start properly enjoying this sim. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for all your help guys, I had almost given up hope and you've made me a happy boy. :whistling::thumbsup:

Edit: I get some of that brake feeling now too since it's plugged into the correct USB port. My wheel finally feels the way I expected it too.
great news mate...

I did a stock race last nite, and i will agree the feeling and immersion driving this is the closest i can imagine to real life. the cars feel much more real. Even to the point stepping into a real car is familar with GSC. RRe doesnt give me this, it just seems off (physics).

Shame it didnt have rre visuals or audio. But when your that much concentrating on the car beside you or the next turn, all that glitzy stuff goes right out the window.

THERE MUST BE A REASON I KEEP COMING BACK TO GSC!

great news mate...

I did a stock race last nite, and i will agree the feeling and immersion driving this is the closest i can imagine to real life. the cars feel much more real. Even to the point stepping into a real car is familar with GSC. RRe doesnt give me this, it just seems off (physics).

Shame it didnt have rre visuals or audio. But when your that much concentrating on the car beside you or the next turn, all that glitzy stuff goes right out the window.

THERE MUST BE A REASON I KEEP COMING BACK TO GSC!

I totally understand. I tried the Demo a couple months ago and liked it so much that I had to delay buying it because I knew once I got the full game I'd start neglecting R3E and AC and I wanted to get my money's worth out of those two first. I'll still play those two sims, but both of them are lacking in a few areas where GSC seems to be fairly complete and full of features. The driving experience is really nice too, pretty much exactly what I want from FFB/physics.

I came from Gran Turismo (don't judge) and had heard myths and legends about how great PC sims were. A few months ago I finally took the plunge, but have been disappointed to find that the current sims like R3E and AC are incomplete and missing a lot of the features I've heard so much lore about over the years. I'm sure they'll get there eventually, but I felt a bit let down. GSC has all the goodies and looks to be able to provide the experience I've been pining over for so long, I can't wait to really dig into it and get to know it, and eventually join some club races. :thumbsup:

Yes it's great. You guys need to join in the club races now. You don't know what you are missing. Some great fun. On Monday there is a Brazilia race using the Blancpain Mod and those cars are brilliant. Great track too. Come on in. :thumbsup:

Yes it's great. You guys need to join in the club races now. You don't know what you are missing. Some great fun. On Monday there is a Brazilia race using the Blancpain Mod and those cars are brilliant. Great track too. Come on in. :thumbsup:

I'm going to spend some time getting to know the game and the tracks before I risk ruining a race. I like to think I'm a competent and gentlemanly driver, but I need to learn these cars and get to where I can comfortably lean on and control them first. And, most of these tracks I've never driven on before so I need to learn my way around. I'll be there eventually though. :D

I know what you mean Brandon. But I never bother learning the track until the day before.:whistling: I tend to learn it a bit more during official practice. Hence why I normally finish last, but taking part is the best way of learning to race online. It's not important to win. :thumbsup::) Up until yesterday, I had never raced at Brazilia. But it is an easy track to learn, but probably difficult to master.

I agree with all that, and once I'm more comfortable with the cars/ffb/physics/settings I'll take that approach. But for at least a few days I just want to get some laps in with different cars to get my settings dialed in and get familiar with everything. After that I'll be there to challenge you for that last place position. :geek:

:laugh::roflmao::laugh: That's what happened to me. Don't worry, you'll adapt after a few (many) laps (depending on the car). Or just make sure you don't play another sim first. When I went straight from GSC to R3E it broke my brain, but last night I jumped on R3E first just to confirm my wheel was working properly before beginning testing, and it all felt just fine. :thumbsup:

In a race-sim I don't care about the graphics, but how much the physics can make me believe I'm driving the actual car.
That is, imho, the very 1st thing a race-sim must do.

So it's a yes for me. GSC and iRacing are at the top right now for me. Maybe GSC has meh-to-great graphics but who the hell cares? It is immersive as sh*t.

True, to an extent. I don't care how good the physics/ffb are, if the game looked like this I don't think I'd play it much. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

namcos-pole-position-video-game_100364109_m.jpg

only thing that annoys me with GSC at the moment is the fact my 300£ gpu and i7 cant run a 22 car fee grid. Thats disappointing to me, as its my fav car in gsc, and i cant use them.

When im running 22 cars grid in RRe and AC with high visuals its a bit frustrating!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back