Is this going too far??

Wow that's seriously great work. Respect. :thumbsup:

Would never want to have such a huge thing in my house but I can imagine the builder must be super proud finishing it.

Pretty cool basement also :)

Upvote 0
Awesome!
And good on him for giving it a go!
I'd often though of something similar, until I worked out how much I truly suck at racing with a wheel... :(
(THIS is what I'd use)
I'd actually figured on using a Holden 1tonner cab & front-end with a projector mounted on the roof & connecting the standard steering column to the sim-wheel inside the engine bay & then placing the whole lot in a shed....
I'd use the HZ model as Ive always wanted to use the chassis from one of them to build a mid-engined Hill-climbing beast from one of them;).
I'll stick to my PS2 controller for now though as it's a little cheaper to replace when it breaks!
:roflmao::laugh::roflmao:

Upvote 0
No, he didn't go far enough! Have to admire guys dedication for his hobby. If I had enough money, and skill, I would do the same. I'd make it more race car like tho.

Upvote 0
His wife is a real sport too, most FPUs (Fun Prevention Units) will give you such a hard time that you won't even bother trying to build a rig.

About 2 years ago, my wife bought me a custom made rig and a G27. The rig had adjustable everything. You could adjust the distance of the pedals from the seat, the height and distance of the wheel and the same for the gear shifter. It was awesome.

But just like Lee Knight, I could not match my old lap times with my Logitech Dual action analog controller. Even after 8 months of using the wheel. So I sold the entire thing and went back to the controller lol.

About the rig in the vid...Isn't it easier to just go to a junk yard and have them cut you off that section of the car though? Like from the firewall to the B pillar (if it's a sedan) or C pillar (if it's a coupe)? Only little problem would be fitting that chunk of car through a house door lol. But if you have a garage...

Upvote 0
About the rig in the vid...Isn't it easier to just go to a junk yard and have them cut you off that section of the car though? Like from the firewall to the B pillar (if it's a sedan) or C pillar (if it's a coupe)? Only little problem would be fitting that chunk of car through a house door lol. But if you have a garage...

Walls can be rebuilt...priorities, y'know.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back