Is this game not for single player?

Hi,

I dont like multiplayer, I like single player. In single player I can choose a championship in automobilista, but starting one doesnt give ANY info what tracks the championship rounds are? wtf? Why isnt there more info or content for single player? Even Asseto has a bit more, even its mostly shitty GT cars.

you can ony see list of track here: ..\SteamGames3\steamapps\common\AMSBeta\Series\ where you can look inside *srs files .. but it is something that might be improved .. perhaps we get some changes when custom championships will be introduced ..
For some real series (V8 Stock for example) championship simply follows real life race calendar (2015 in case of V8 stock)

Ouvert is right: you have to open up the srs files with Notepad: not the most user friendly solution, yes. But there is a championship tool on the to do list so I also hope it will improve this aspect. Reiza is listening to feedbacks: for example they have added more infos about the cars after several people asked for it. I have not see someone asking for more infos on the championship like you are suggesting. It seems a pretty good idea: I would suggest to post this in their official forum, where it could be seen more easily.

As for online racing… Well, try here! You will not see online racing the same way… :)

What is not to like about multiplayer?

I raced online many years and its fun but single player racing is different in that I can do things in my own time, and restart sessions as many times as I want.

I find it ridiculous that a championship is implemented and you dont even know where its heading! Asseto is better but has a complete **** slow interface and mostly very slow and annoying GT cars. F12016 is much more user friendly but todays F1 cars and especially in that game handle like boats so slow and sluggish. I like the models in automobilista, but im not playing online and a single player single race is just rubbish.

Thanks anyway for the replies guys.

I raced online many years and its fun but single player racing is different in that I can do things in my own time, and restart sessions as many times as I want.

I find it ridiculous that a championship is implemented and you dont even know where its heading! Asseto is better but has a complete **** slow interface and mostly very slow and annoying GT cars. F12016 is much more user friendly but todays F1 cars and especially in that game handle like boats so slow and sluggish. I like the models in automobilista, but im not playing online and a single player single race is just rubbish.

Thanks anyway for the replies guys.
I agree with you. We pay good money for these sims and they do seem to have single player experiences as an after thought. Yes F1 2016 shows how championships should be represented. The old F1 99-02 challenge was better for single offline players than current sim games. GTR2 and Race 07 had reasonable championship models. Would be nice if Reiza did implement better offline championship modes. Like you, these days I prefer offline racing for various reasons, time being one of them.

I only play single player and I'm over 100hrs. Its a bit of a hassle with the way things are now but they are indeed planning to add a Custom Championship Tool. They announced it in the last development blog. I've enjoyed making my own talent files and championships for various things, I enjoy having that much control. Though I admittedly stick to single races more often than not because of the current hassle. The Custom Championship Tool will hopefully smooth things out more. Reiza had a poll a couple months back in the beta section and lots of singleplayer stuff/improvements got a healthy dose of votes. I think they will continue to improve it. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 152 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%