Is there too much grip in AC?

Many simracers think that there is too much grip in AC. What do you think? Please explain.

I personally think that road cars are fine, but race cars feels very grippy, especially when braking. For example, on Mugello in Zonda I can brake from about 300 kph into first turn just before 100m sign. In P4/5 I can brake after 100m sign. That's really really short (almost F1 like) and just doesn't feel right.

Also, according to Top Gear, Zonda R stops from 200kph to 0 in 4.3 seconds.
A member from Simracing.pl (norbi) measured times in AC (few different tracks - Mugello, Monza, measurements taken a few times):
hard tires - 3,7s (ABS), 3,6s (no ABS)
medium tires - 3,7s (ABS), 3,5s (no ABS)
soft tires - 3,7s (ABS), 3,4s (no ABS)

Since threads on AC forum discussing grip were closed I decided to discuss it here.

@Aristotelis

Well, actually I always imagined that Greece's roads have to be fun.
And I know what you mean... by "dirty roads"... :D

mcrae.jpg

That's how you go to shop in Greece! You do it there in a proper way! :D

When AC gets the realroad technology, it might just get much better. Less grip until the track rubbers up sounds like a real immersive addition.

Live Track sounds awesome !

Really looking forward to try that out !

And No ! - There is NOT too much grip in AC !

It's spot on just like all the rest of the package !

It's really hard to believe that a team of 10-12 people has done all this that we are now playing !

So far I am very impressed with what we have got !

I am falling in love with one car after the other !

So far my favourite car is the Zonda R !

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Kunos !

Last edited:
When AC gets the realroad technology, it might just get much better. Less grip until the track rubbers up sounds like a real immersive addition.

Funny thing. Because a virgin race track takes a hole race weekend until it rubbers up. (From a "ice" track to a grippy track) not 30 min.

A racetrack with regular driving, like most racetracks are always a bit rubberd in and it will not make you seconds faster, but It would be nice to see some difference in endurance races. In a sprint race there is no real difference.

A race track is a living thing. So i would like so see "greasy" spots where people(me) went of track or oil/water from people(me) overdriving there engines.

Funny thing. Because a virgin race track takes a hole race weekend until it rubbers up. (From a "ice" track to a grippy track) not 30 min.

A racetrack with regular driving, like most racetracks are always a bit rubberd in and it will not make you seconds faster, but It would be nice to see some difference in endurance races. In a sprint race there is no real difference.

A race track is a living thing. So i would like so see "greasy" spots where people(me) went of track or oil/water from people(me) overdriving there engines.

Yes oil and wet patches will be very cool feature.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 387 39.8%