Is there any way to change the reflectance of custom car skins?

Blauweke

PrestoGP S18 Champion
I was just sondering if there is any way you can change texture properties like reflectance on custom car skins, i'd like to make my car skin have a more matte appaerance.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Sure, you just need to tweak the shader properties for specular and fresnel reflection. You can do this in devmode under material settings, but it won't save the parameters after you quit devmode. To make permanent changes to mods you need to open the car chassis GMT file in an editor tool like gJED or 3DSimED and adjust the shader from there, then repack the whole mod with the updated file.

I was just sondering if there is any way you can change texture properties like reflectance on custom car skins, i'd like to make my car skin have a more matte appaerance.
Your help is highly appreciated.
Just edit the alpha channel and make it very close to black, it will give a less metal kind of feel.

Sure, you just need to tweak the shader properties for specular and fresnel reflection. You can do this in devmode under material settings, but it won't save the parameters after you quit devmode. To make permanent changes to mods you need to open the car chassis GMT file in an editor tool like gJED or 3DSimED and adjust the shader from there, then repack the whole mod with the updated file.
There is no need to go this far for skins. Only for the actual textures:).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 500 39.0%