1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Is there another rFactor 2 update?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by johnnymat, May 4, 2017.

1. johnnymat

johnnymat

Ratings:
    +61
    I just logged onto Steam a few minutes ago, and rFactor 2 is trying to do what looks like a big update. I have opted not to do the DX11 update; I want nothing to do with it. Is this update related to it, or is it for some other reason? I'm asking because I went online just to get something from the Workshop and didn't stop the update in time. Now I can't play it at all, but I don't want to do the update unless it relates to something else. Any information would be greatly appreciated.:)

2. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +326
    Mine is doing an update right now....at five percent.
    Don't be discouraged....
    If you have 64 bit plug-ins, delete them then use only official content including the interface.
    The fps came back for me, after doing that.

3. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Ratings:
    +164
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/latest-update-dx9-branch.55340/#post-890161

"As part of our ongoing promise to regularly provide bug fixes and minor improvements quickly, here's a couple of updates to the DX9 version of rFactor 2 we've put out today.
    • Added the updated content we released for the open beta on Monday to the base install, so our users on the stable build can enjoy these updates too.
    • Fixed: AI driving the inside line on their in-lap."

4. johnnymat

johnnymat

Ratings:
    +61
    Thank you. I feel much better now.

5. johnnymat

johnnymat

Ratings:
    +61
    Thanks for the response.