1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there an all in one program for sims like dashmeter pro

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Matt Elmore, Oct 11, 2014.

1. hi chaps sorry if its been asked before but i was just wondering the above...

or do i have to get dashmeter pro for iracing and assetto ect

thanks in advance
  2. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen
    Premium Member

There's Z1 sim dashboard;
    But it doesn't have a iPad or android app, you need a extra monitor on your PC to show it. I have been testing it out (there's a 15 min free demo) by running something called iDisplay on my android tablet so it works as a 2nd PC monitor, but I'm getting a bit of delay doing that. I'm considering getting a cheap USB monitor for showing Z1 since I find it much more useful than the android apps out there.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ken Rodriguez

Ken Rodriguez
    I don't drive fast! I fly low! Premium Member

I use the z1 software because of its compatibility to many sim programs versus the DashMeterPro programs which I also use moreso for tire information. Like Kjell, I'm in the process of buying a 7" TFT touch monitor to run Z1.

4. lopsided

Premium Member

Hi Matt,
    I've used several different apps with various titles and to date anyway, DashMeterPro is the Android app of choice for me. I did have to purchase it 3 times (iRacing, AC/pCars and rf1/rf2) but I still feel it's worth the price of admission.
    Before DMP I tried iHud and although they started off well, support is nearly non-existent now and their add on package apps never did work for me so I would not recommend them.

I have also tried a few free one's and usually they either display too little info., have too much lag or simply aren't "pretty" enough for me. :)

I thought I'd mention them here anyway, just in case others were curious...
    - SimRacingTools free app (AC, Race07/GTR/GTL)
    - SinSpeed a very basic free app (AC, iRacing, rF2 etc.)

There are also SLi/app units that combine telemetry info. with Sli (rev lights/indicator) for even more versatility.
    SimInstrumentsDash does a good job of keeping their software up to date with new titles but these will run you close to $200.

Hope that's helpful.
    • Like Like x 1