1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Is there a .cam file?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by bastoner97, Apr 18, 2017.

1. bastoner97

bastoner97

Ratings:
    +401
    Hi guys, i was wondering... is there a file where i can edit and manage the cameras of a car? (like the .cam file for rfactor)

2. AccAkut

AccAkut

Ratings:
    +684
    cameras.ini for the F6 cameras, dash_cam.ini for the, well, dash cam, [GRAPHICS] section of car.ini for cockpit, bonnet and bumper cam

ofc only accessible if the car has the data folder not encrypted

• Love Love x 1
  3. bastoner97

bastoner97

Ratings:
    +401
    So.. if the car hasn't got any "data" folder.. nothing to do about it, am i right? :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joseph Maxx

Joseph Maxx

Ratings:
    +200
    You can alter the position of the driver's eyes using the onboard settings app (the icon is a helmet) but anything beyond that would require access to the data folder. Keep in mind that altering the contents of the data folder will likely result in a checksum mismatch when you try loading the car for multiplayer sessions so you'll probably be booted from the server.

• Sad Sad x 1
  5. bastoner97

bastoner97

Ratings:
    +401
    Thank you mate... anyway if i want to alter just one car, so i don't need it for online racing ( i would like to make a video) how can i "decrypt" (is that right?) a folder? And most importantly.. is it "Legal"? I'm talking about a mod, not official content

6. Joseph Maxx

Joseph Maxx

Ratings:
    +200
    If the data folder is encrypted then its not legal, certainly not for official content and if its a mod then its encrypted because the creator(s) don't want people messing with their work (you should respect their wishes). If you're looking for alternate camera angles the best bet is to enable dev apps and use the global camera (you can position it anywhere) or search RD for a mod called boxcam that was created by @Stereo.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1