Is the United Kingdom a country?

The UK is not a country, It's a country of country's, All nations have an independent government that is overlooked by one man; The Prime Minister.

Then Germany is not a country, for the same reasons.

In fact my autonomous community had parliament 30 years before Scotland having one. England doesn't have own parliament.

England can't enter a war and Scotland don't, cause they are not sovereign states.

UK can enter a war or defend its territory or parts of it like Scotland or England.

Then The Netherlands isnt a country either :)
The thing with the Netherlands is that "The Netherlands" points at an other amount of area than "The Kingdom of the Netherlands".

The Netherlands = European Netherlands + Saba, St. Eustatius and Bonaire (Caraibian Netherlands).
Kingdom of the Netherlands = all above + Curaçao, St. Maarten and Aruba. Yet Curaçao, St. Maarten and Aruba are independent countries also seen on the Olympics. Churandy Martina, no5 at 200m could've run for Curaçao if he wanted..

So it seems like Scotland and Wales are less independent to the UK than Curaçao is to the Kingdom of the Netherlands..

A couple of years ago the Netherlands Antilles fell apart and some islands wanted to go on as independent state within the Kingdom, while others wanted to be a special municipality within The Netherlands..

Until 1839 we had the United Kingdom of the Netherlands in which Belgium and Luxembourg were included as well.

Something I've always wondered about. What is the difference between Nederland and Holland?

My great great grand dad came from Holland as was told when we grew up but then also started to use Nederland. Are they one in the same?
Actually the term Holland is misused a lot. Though its pretty common nowadays to say Holland and The Netherland are the same.

Originally Holland stands for two provinces in The Netherlands called Zuid Holland & Noord Holland (South and North).
Zuid_Holland-Position.png
Noord_Holland-Position.png

Almost entirely unrelated to the topic, but, I remember a Facebook friend telling me that the U.S., U.K., and Vatican are fictional entities owned by families such as the Rockefellers and Rothchilds.

I need more evidence of that...

Is it similar to the US where we are a country with different states that have their own governments and governors but we still follow under one president? Scotland, england, etc are like states?

I think thats the situation, but with Scotland and Wales having less authonomy than your states.

US is the most federal country in the world, probably.

One topic that seriously p!sses me off, I get sick of having to put British or UK when filling in forms, My Nationality is English and my country is England. It is about time England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland were made a compulsory option on all forms. If filling in a paper form with an option to tick British or UK I usually tick other and add English or if the other option isn't available I tipex out those options and add English, you can't do this with online forms though :mad:

First and foremost I am a Yorkshireman (York is the True Capital of England), then English then British :D

On paper I believe the UK is a country, or whatever name you want to give it. You can argue different points all night long and never come to an agreement, but if you compare it to other countries/nations around the world then in the exact same fashion the UK is a country.

The UK holds power over all 4 parts, we all have the same passports, we use the same currency, we have the same queen, prime minister and we fight in the same army, we compete under the same flag in many sports, but then you could compare that to the USA where the same applies in the comparable situations for them.

If you really get down to it (which people are in this thread) then you can argue for pages and not come to a conclusion. The reality is that yes we are a country, on paper and in spirit, even though it is true that by popular opinion Scotland wants out, and many people (like above) are very proud to point out which part of their country they are from.

I'm a Welshman, if the option is available on a form I will put that down, but I am very much british. It doesn't matter what part of britain people are from, british people are generally very british, regardless of the locale.

What people are failing to realise here, is a missing letter S. It should read the United Kindgdom"s" of Great Britain and Northen Island.

That "S" has been missed of as of late, for what ever ungoldy reason, but it is wholey important when you come to talk of the union of three countries, who after centuries of bloodshed, war and slaughter, mainly by us English, have come together to work, live and thrive in peace.

Now i'll have no more said on the matter.
It is not for people of other countries to tell me that there is no such country as England, i find that rude and quite offencive!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.0%