F1 2016 Is the 'Tyre Management Tutorial' wrong?

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Thorrior

Captain Stupid
According to the tutorial I should stay in the green zone to succeed. But I just finished a practice program with all 7 laps on purple and I got the full points. In another session I had a few greens in between and got less points for it.

No, the tutorial also states that purple is optimal, you have to get green to succeed the R&D, but purple is the optimal tyre wear. See it as, Red is <6/10, green is 6-9/10, purple is 9-10/10 on the score list. ( Totally made it up, bet you get the picture I hope.)

You're right. I just had a second look at it. It said purple wears less and try to stay in the green. But it's a bit misleading.

I thought exactly the same. Not very well explained at all. Was wondering why I had to drive harder to get it in the green :O_o:

If you guys read through the tutorial on your laptop it specifically says, and I quote: "Try and stay in the green zone at least for a succesful test." So you guys just didn't listen or read the tutorial well enough. Nothing misleading whatsoever

If you guys read through the tutorial on your laptop it specifically says, and I quote: "Try and stay in the green zone at least for a succesful test." So you guys just didn't listen or read the tutorial well enough. Nothing misleading whatsoever
I'm a man what do I need instructions and guides for? I would much rather get it wrong the first time and take twice as long.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 140 13.9%