1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Win a £4,500 Vesaro Racing Rig! Click here for more information.

Is the 'Tyre Management Tutorial' wrong?

Discussion in 'F1 2016 - The Game' started by Thorrior, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Thorrior

Thorrior
    Captain Stupid

According to the tutorial I should stay in the green zone to succeed. But I just finished a practice program with all 7 laps on purple and I got the full points. In another session I had a few greens in between and got less points for it.

2. Green is good but purple is the best :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thorrior

Thorrior
    Captain Stupid

Okay, then the tutorial is wrong, because according to it, purple means tyre wear is no good enough.

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. No, the tutorial also states that purple is optimal, you have to get green to succeed the R&D, but purple is the optimal tyre wear. See it as, Red is <6/10, green is 6-9/10, purple is 9-10/10 on the score list. ( Totally made it up, bet you get the picture I hope.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Thorrior

Thorrior
    Captain Stupid

You're right. I just had a second look at it. It said purple wears less and try to stay in the green. But it's a bit misleading.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

I thought exactly the same. Not very well explained at all. Was wondering why I had to drive harder to get it in the green :O_o:

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. If you guys read through the tutorial on your laptop it specifically says, and I quote: "Try and stay in the green zone at least for a succesful test." So you guys just didn't listen or read the tutorial well enough. Nothing misleading whatsoever

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

I'm a man what do I need instructions and guides for? I would much rather get it wrong the first time and take twice as long.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. That's not a problem, the thing is that you said it wasn't explained very well.. That was the problem :rolleyes: Anyways good luck in the upcoming season!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not to mention as far back as I remember, Codemaster's F1 game color coding has always been red = bad, green = good, purple = best. So of course you'd be aiming for purple in all that you do. Nothing's changed.

11. Thorrior

Thorrior
    Captain Stupid

I overheard the 'at least'. But yeah, it makes sense now. But I found it more difficult to stay in the green than in purple.