Is the RACE On expansion overpriced?

If it's a game that I potentially play for 20 hours or (much) more, then 20€ is quite cheap. Racing enthusiasts are used to spending hundreds of $$, so the price for an expansion doesn't really matter compared to that.

In iRacing I used to spend up to 20$ for a single track... Now they lowered the prices. The tracks are now "only" 9.50-12.0$ for a track if you use the 20% rebate, which I always do.

First of all, I just wanted to say what a wonderful forum and I am so glad I found this as this forum is very active with responses and updates. I was always on the RSC forum and although it is helpful, you dont have lot of people there, I am just glad I found this forum and now I can visit here on a regular basis to see what my fellow sim racers are up to and whats new in the sim world of racing. Awesome job keeping this forum so up-to-date MODS and let me know how I can donate as I would love to keep this place alive for a long time and your servers up and running.

I just bought the Race on Bundle. Previous to that I had GTR2 about 4 years ago when it came out and then I got out of gaming. Now after a long time I bought the G25 again and tried the demo for race on and GTR Evo and although my level is Novice right now I do drive well on the track its just my speed is not that great but I dont go off track too often, have to work on my corners and learn the setups properly as I dont have much of an idea about setups but am doing my readings and hopefully will be able to figure it out.

I am just curious if there are lot of North Americans here playing this game online? I tried online last night and only had a handful of people in lobby.

Also curious, in the Multiplayer I guess it doesn't matter which game you start with, such as, if I start with Race 07, I will be able to see servers for race on and STCC, but not GTR Evo as I dont have that expansion? Is that how it works? If buying GTR evo will give me more servers and players to race against, then I am getting it today from steam.

Thank you and see you all on the tracks :).

Cheers,

Karim.

Also curious, in the Multiplayer I guess it doesn't matter which game you start with, such as, if I start with Race 07, I will be able to see servers for race on and STCC, but not GTR Evo as I dont have that expansion? Is that how it works?

In short, yes. :) What servers you are able to join is determined by what game content you have.

Glad to see you're enjoying yourself here... :wave:

Way to expensive! for a update !!

i have already GTR2, Race 06 & 07, GTR Evo and STCC......we almost forced to buy it! because 50% of the races needed Race ON, right now. So more than 5 games in 2 years would be enough....i think, all simbin.

i wont buy this one for sure! i just wait for race 09 (packed) or something like that.

Even though I am a fan boy of Euro cars (British, German and some Italian ponies), I could not resist the difficulty/ challenge US muscle cars offer.

I love the fact that they are very hard to drive and tail happy.
That is why I coughed up the 20 dollars.
So far it is worth it for me.

Please do not expect precision from the US muscle cars.
Expect physics that will demand your undivided attention at all times, all the time with no exception what so ever. And all this just to post a descent enough time in tracks such as the Nord.

I bought 2 versions by mistake... One on Steam and one on Simraceway...
(I'm new to all this PC gaming and figured they were the same thing...)

So, anyone who is undecided but would buy it slightly cheaper, can have the email with the downloadable zip files including unused keys for £15 (€17 $25)

PM me

I dont even want it but i feel i have to buy it in order to race online as most races will use it.
I think STCC and GTR EVO were worth the money GTR Evo more-so as i was a GTR2 fan, for the extra tracks and brilliant GTR cars, they added a lot to the gameplay, but i really have no interest in American forms of racing, Formula Masrers or anything in the addon.... if it were JGTC well no competition hehe.

I would pay 12 GBP for the addon just so i can carrry on racing online as i expect i wont be able to for long once all the servers have race on. however, im also unemployed at the moment in the middle of this financial crisis, so cant really afford that as i am struggling to buy food. I can remember a time when PC game addons were 12 GBP, only a few years back, i dont know why things are always getting more expensive.

Also, i beleive the full version should include GTR Evo.

If theres going to be any competitions in GTREvo or Race07 where i could win RaceON addon i would gladly do my best.

The DVD version should be in the shops by now. It was released in the shops last Tuesday in the UK. I definateley think Steam is overpriced considerring you dont get a nice boxed version. Plus the price always comes down on DVDs but Steam still sell things the same price no matter how old it is. For example, GTR Evo on Play.com is £7.89 free delivery, but on Steam its 13.99.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back