Is the price on Steam correct?

What is the right price? ... Last week I purchased AC for 34,99 Euros but I see today that it is offered for 19.00 USD. That's less than half the EU price...how is this possible?
see link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/?cc=ua

When I am in Steam it is still showing Assetto Corsa at $39.99, link below:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/

The link you provided has "?cc=ua" appended to the end. This page does show the prices as $19.99, what' going on...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/?cc=ua

I wouldn't be too happy if the price was cut in half in a week, especially since I bought based on potential. I don't hot lap much anymore.

Like @Senad Subasic pointed out the $19,99 dollars is for the local Ukranian market.

Every region/country may have different prices. Sounds reasonable also.

Yep each region on steam his its own prices to match that region and that regions taxes. This is how some websites can offer steam games cheep as they baulk buy games from one region and sell it in another.

If you yourself buy from another region by using a proxy or having a friend by the game you are liable to having you steam account banned , though I don't think anyone has yet other than people that are baulk buying and doing the selling themselves.

You can also do the same with origin and some digital shop platforms.

So in short , if you do buy directly from steam using a proxy or have a friend in one of those countries buy it and then gift it to you should not have any issues.
Obviously kunos will get less if you pay less , so if you care about that just pay your regions price , though to be honest your purchase is likely a drop in the ocean and most people just buy on the default store page ( this is probably why steam don't pursue it so much)

Its worth reiterating , any place that sells keys separate to steam unless its a trusted site like GreenMangaming, SimplyCDkeys, humble bundle and a hand full of others be carfull as there are many scammers!

Also beware of any steam users trying to sell you the game and of course never give out your user name and password.

Last edited:
So in short , if you do buy directly from steam using a proxy or have a friend in one of those countries buy it and then gift it to you should not have any issues.
I had a Steam friend buy and then gift me a game, both because it was significantly cheaper and in one case it wasn't even available in my Steam Store. No issues with any of those.

But I personally wouldn't risk circumventing the regional pricing with a proxy.
And in some cases, you wouldn't want to anyway (gotta support the team).

This is what Aristotelis wrote on AC forum:

The official EU price of Assetto Corsa Early Access is 34.99€ and it is 22% less than the final price.
There will be no offers and discounts until some time after the v1.0 gets out.

Steam creates specific price regions. We give our price and they propose different prices on different regions according to the average income of the country.
On some countries AC costs much less than the official price, because of that steam region price system.
Normally you can't acquire AC or any steam product from a different region, because at the end the system will ask your address and verify, then finally will change the final price.

Some dubious websites, offer steam games at a discounted price. In particular we've seen AC offered at around 20-22€. What those sites do, is to acquire codes from the Russian region at around 12€ and then sell them as region free codes at 22€ somehow, gaining about 100% from these tactics. This not permitted by Steam terms and conditions and it is by all means black market. It also means that while we try to make happy people that live on countries with less income, we are getting robbed for that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%