1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Is the price on Steam correct?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Ron Sandrin, Nov 19, 2013.

• Beer Beer x 4
  1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I don't work for Steam :) but I am pretty sure its not the right price for the game. Must be some kind of mistake on their end or something.

On Steam prices can drop fast but not this fast :D

2. Colin Paxton

Colin Paxton
    Premium Member

Hasn't dropped at all - £29.99 in the UK on Steam. Same as last week...hope it lasts till payday!

3. Prices are different in different regions. cc=ua is probably for Ukraine, which has a lower disposable income than, for example, Germany, and that price seems okay.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

It's still 35€ here. At least it's worth it. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I totally agree it's worth it. Case closed.

6. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

When I am in Steam it is still showing Assetto Corsa at $39.99, link below:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/

The link you provided has "?cc=ua" appended to the end. This page does show the prices as $19.99, what' going on...
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/?cc=ua

I wouldn't be too happy if the price was cut in half in a week, especially since I bought based on potential. I don't hot lap much anymore.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Like @Senad Subasic pointed out the $19,99 dollars is for the local Ukranian market.

Every region/country may have different prices. Sounds reasonable also.

8. Yep each region on steam his its own prices to match that region and that regions taxes. This is how some websites can offer steam games cheep as they baulk buy games from one region and sell it in another.

If you yourself buy from another region by using a proxy or having a friend by the game you are liable to having you steam account banned , though I don't think anyone has yet other than people that are baulk buying and doing the selling themselves.

You can also do the same with origin and some digital shop platforms.

So in short , if you do buy directly from steam using a proxy or have a friend in one of those countries buy it and then gift it to you should not have any issues.
    Obviously kunos will get less if you pay less , so if you care about that just pay your regions price , though to be honest your purchase is likely a drop in the ocean and most people just buy on the default store page ( this is probably why steam don't pursue it so much)

Its worth reiterating , any place that sells keys separate to steam unless its a trusted site like GreenMangaming, SimplyCDkeys, humble bundle and a hand full of others be carfull as there are many scammers!

Also beware of any steam users trying to sell you the game and of course never give out your user name and password.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Christopher Vrettos

Christopher Vrettos
    Premium Member

I asked about this over at the AC forum - this price is reduced because of the Ukranian store being selected (?cc=ua in the URL). Going into the checkout will change the price back to your specific region. :)

10. I had a Steam friend buy and then gift me a game, both because it was significantly cheaper and in one case it wasn't even available in my Steam Store. No issues with any of those.

But I personally wouldn't risk circumventing the regional pricing with a proxy.
    And in some cases, you wouldn't want to anyway (gotta support the team).

11. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

This is what Aristotelis wrote on AC forum:

• Beer Beer x 5