Is the GT Legends lobby / server down?

during the last two days i try to connect online to the gtl server and it says that it cannot connect. a friend who lives in my country couldn't connect to the server either. is it only a local problem or do you have the same problem too?

• Matt Crouch

I wouldn't hold your breath for the changeover if it hasn't happened yet. The domain expired on the 4th of July and unless they can get the previous owner to transfer the domain to them, there's a 45-75 day waiting period before the domain can be bought (assuming the process hasn't changed recently). Even then they're not guaranteed to get it.

• Matt Crouch

The first bit is there to protect the registrant (i.e. 10tacle) so that the domain name doesn't get stolen by someone else if they forget or are temporarily unable to renew the domain.
Then I think a lot of registrars put up adverts on the domain name for a period to see whether they make more money out of advert clicks than the domain is worth, then decide whether to drop the domain, auction it or keep it to make moneys from adverts

Thanks for this piece of wizardry Ramon, works like a charm. :good:

Thanks also for sorting my initial problem out, I learned something new this morning (impressive at my age :dinosaur smilie: ). :)

If you need more background on the hosts file; there is some nice piece of info about it... Don't bother if you don't want to know more about it.
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file[/ame]

• Bert Van Waes

Just tested it out, brilliantly. :clap:
Although nobody on server at the moment...

Does this mean that we are the only ones on earth still racing online??? lol
Awesome Ramon.:highfive:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 210 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%