1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the GT Legends lobby / server down?

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Amir Margalit, Jul 6, 2009.

1. during the last two days i try to connect online to the gtl server and it says that it cannot connect. a friend who lives in my country couldn't connect to the server either. is it only a local problem or do you have the same problem too?

2. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Hmmm - I'm getting the same thing here.

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I have just tried it and can't connect either :( Bah let's hope they haven't killed it.

Ill try to get in touch with Simbin and see what's up with it.

4. My god, that would destroy the best league on RD ever!!!!!

Are they insane??:peace2:

5. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

I sent a mail last night, but response isn't always lightning fast from the 'Bin :(

6. Bram

Bram

Don't count on it to be up tonight Stu! From what i've heard they are looking into the matter. Good news: it's not killed so there is no league in jeopardy. The :drool:ing can continue!:kissing:
    Actually it's thanks to SimBin we are still allowed to play GTL online, since it was 10tacle (bankrupt) that was officially responsible for the hosting of the lobby server, and they kindly took over the hosting plan.

7. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Well, it's good news that it's not a stealth kill :D That would have been some awfully toxic news.

If they're looking into it, that's great - I'm going to err on the side of RD safety and not publish the ip of the server.

I'm going to scrub tonight's event (unless it miraculously comes up in the next couple of hours) and we'll see how we look for Thursday's event.

Yeah I was aware that SimBin took over the 10tacle server (I was extremely polite in my mail too knowing that :wink2: )

8. Bram

Bram

Not yet up, tried booting the event server for tonight without success

9. Aargh! No GTL...

Simbin GTL server is alive (pingable) but not responding when trying to connect in game :(

10. No GT Legends server why?

11. Bram

Bram

12. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

all ready answered I see.

Hans

13. Bram

Bram

Ouch, bad news:

Let's hope it is a matter of a few days...

14. thank you bram for this news. does this mean we are not going to have races in rd for the next days?
    in my opinion it's possible to run the races in the direct ip mod. i saw that no grip are runing their races as usuall and published the ip of their server in there forum.

15. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Amir, it's possible, but I question whether or not it's advisable.

I'm not going to say we will do that, I'm not financially or legally responsible for the servers, their upkeep and ongoing security.

If Bram & Ramon say it's OK to do that, it's a different story, but just because we can do something, it doesn't necessarily follow we should do something.

In the greater scheme of things, a few days without GTL isn't going to hurt anybody (although I'm hugely frustrated at the interruption too :D).

I am however, making some great headway with the GTC76 skins for the next League, so every cloud has a silver lining.

16. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Atleast Simbin are working to get it back like some companys wont even try. :)

17. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Absolutely James, total respeck to the 'Bin. :good:

18. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Some time ago they Did same thing for GTR2 Lobby they got it off of 10Tacle and put it back Online.

19. Bram

Bram

That was all the same package JJ. GTL and GTR2 went offline at the same time. But that first downtime was a hit for the GT legends community so is this second hit. Hopefully it will be fixed on the fly.

20. @ Bram: your quote in post 13, source RSC? Or do you have an insider around Simbin's HQ? :th_cool: