1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the default set-up in R3E the best starting point for an occasional racer?

Discussion in 'R3E Setups' started by Moe Foe, Nov 7, 2015.

1. I'm into the RaceRoom Racing experience as a novice, and after cruising the tracks enuf to get a feel for them, I've moved to 'get real', but don't know enuf to set-up the cars any better than the defaults. Is there a basic set-up to use as a starting point, or is the default the baseline set-up?

Basically, I'm asking for garage help in making better times and better handling.
  2. actually the default setups are very good, usually i work a bit on the final gear ratio, the rear wing and the break balance, and rake (or ride hights if you prefer that) but it requires only slight changes.
    for the rest imo it is really hard to give proper advice, because it depends on many thing, starting from your previous experience, driving style, hardware, car, track, etc. also different games handle settings on different ways, the things working well in r3e will feel different in AC. suggest to dig around a bit on internet or youtube, than start to make changes on the car. always change the settings one by one, run a couple of laps to feel the difference etc.
    as a first step you can watch these videos:

good luck :)
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Thanks for the info. I knew about personal prefs in the set-ups, but I wasn't sure the best place to start tweaking was in the default. I read from your answer that it is and I'll find what I need by bumping the settings one step at a time. I appreciate the concise answer and will embark on a life of laps to find nirvana. Again, thanks for the reply.
  4. From what I understand, all the cars have default setups for each track, so they aren't bad to start with......so I don't touch them except for what Jozsef suggested. You might get some advanced setup tips and links at the Sector 3 forums too.