1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Is Sim Driving/Racing a sport?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by eSEA One, Oct 1, 2014.

1. eSEA One

eSEA One
    eSEA One

I ask this question as I got into a debate with a female colleague about what is a sport.
    Now I did not even dare ask her the question "Is Sim Driving/Racing a sport?" since she doesn't even classify her recreational pastime "Skydiving" a sport (yeah! I jokingly agreed, you just jump out a plane and gravity does the rest) where as one of our other colleagues participates in competitions and that is a sport she says!
    Now I ask you in sim racing with all the preparations, practice tuning etc. "Is Sim Driving/Racing a sport?"
    Also posted this on the AC forums

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Absolutely. Of course this is heavy debateable as what is exactly sim racing (real) and what is gaming. Race gaming in my book is not a (motor)sport but taking a realistic simulator to race with: yes absolutely.

Nice thread!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium Member

If fishing can be classed as a sport, so can Sim Racing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. If chess is a sport because of the tension, so is sim racing just with that.

But on top you can count arm training from fighting the FFB of the wheel, and some leg training from the pedals (it may be my chair, but my left leg is done after an hour of hovering over the pedal)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joao Alves

Joao Alves
    Premium Member

If StarCraft is a sport, this is also definitely a sport.

6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

It's an eSport.

7. If bog snorkelling is a sport then.......
    Am I doing this right?

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. Well it makes me sweat. And the only other exercise i get is shagging the Mrs.

So yes.... It's a sport.