1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Racer development dead? Is the Racer Community?

Discussion in 'Racer' started by Raphael Buthmann, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Hey guys, how are you doing ? =)

I've been looking every single day through this forum, looking forward to updates from you, projects, researches, but it seems quite quiet those days.
    There is a lot of information about Racer RC11 on racer.nl but there's no word of Ruud or anybody else.
    What have you been up to? What are your updates? Are you using another community or something like that? Miss the old RSC gang... hehehe

Anyway... I miss you friends and the old days of our community when it was less fragmented.
    I've been talking to AMGfan through facebook and we've been fomenting ideas of new projects in a way to wake up our racing community.

Please, don't let it die. HAHAHA =)
    Do you have wishes, unfinished or parallell projects? Let us know =)

2. Other than the occasional screenshot this forum has been dead for a very long time. Ruud is probably still working on Panthera. As for the Racer community, the only other Racer sites I know of are, Tracciontraserra, and a forum named Racer Wedlug Nas, or RWN for short. I don't know if RWN is active or not since I don't read the forums, but I have downloaded a few good cars from there in the past. I found RWN from a link on a Youtube channel called Ehune01.

I also miss the old RSC guys, and I wish we could bring the forum back to how it used to be. A new project from you and AMGfan sounds interesting, and some new content might bring a few people back to the forum. if you need any help with that just toss me a PM and i'll see what I can do.

• Love Love x 1
  3. Thank you Silver. We are thinking about creating new tracks and some cars.
    I have bunch of conversions, but since they can't be used here, i'll release them externally.

I bought Race Track Builder. That's interesting as hell... but no native support for Racer.

Maybe if the community gets back to its path... Ruud maybe update to a new version... maybe

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi,

I am still here, but not much time for Racer, i'm very busy those months.. About projects I've few but the problem is that i want to do them with several version, so it takes time..
    The latest relased projects are Megane II RS and Espace III, both as beta in july. I hope get a more complete version of Espace III (i mean with full versions) soon

• Like Like x 2
  5. It does seem to have gotten pretty quiet around here lately. I have been busy very recently with a new job, but I do have probably a vehicle or two that could be released possibly but I know the last time i drove one of them I kept on finding things to tweak on it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    • Sad Sad x 1
  7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Don't understand that unneeded angry response @Alexander Knoll. I think we've kindly hosted this forum for free over the years giving it a place on the largest sim racing forum when the old forum collapsed.

Ads are unfortunately a necessity to cover the costs. The sites you are posting (offtopic btw) have ads on them as well so whats the point of this remark?

A forum is as active as the users make it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. And thank you Bram for hosting the forum for free for us, I don't mind the ads at all if that's what it takes to make it free for everyone to access.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Me too, thanks Bram! I haven't done anything with Racer since Ver 0906 as I was very disappointed in the last few versions, I've even fogotten how to drive a car in Racer.
    But I'll check into the forum to keep track of any developments.

• Love Love x 1