Is Race 07 the best FWD sim?

Here is my scorecard:

Race 07:

FWD physics A
Graphics A
Time attack A (especially b/c saved and easily downloadable ghost)
Multiplayer A (if I can get my car to move on grid ; see prior post
AI A
Sounds A

rFactor - Need help & mod suggestions to rate rFactor as I have been unable to find any decent FWD ; certainly nothing on the level of Race 07 or NetKar Pro ; Graphics are C, Time attack is D b/c no rank or ghost, multiplayer may be N/A unless someone knows leagues that are racing FWD

rFactor 2 - Clio just released but very poor IMO compared to Race 07 and NetKar Pro. Also is sequential shifting so engaging enough for me personally as I want h-shift b/c that is what I race in real life.

NetKar Pro (Fiat 500 Abarth Asseto Corsa)

FWD physics A+
Graphics A+
Time attack C (no ghost) TOO BAD!
Multiplayer N/A (dead) TOO BAD!
AI N/A TOO BAD!
Sounds A+

Any other good FWD sims???

I also tend to favor RWD, but i am partial to a bit of GTLegends mini racing...
but they are so different to the retro cool mini in RACE 07
So for me the mini is about as far as i go....
Even thought i drive a fwd focus on the road:redface:
Ross made a nice little vid...:thumbsup:
and dont forget it also the crowd you race with makes it fun

Personally i think Race07 is rubbish for fwd and rwd compared to rfactor 2 now. Hardly any feedback through the wheel with race 07 where as with rfactor 2 you feel everything that it is doing

rf2 has still some way to go with the imo most important ffb-effect which is tyregrip-feel and weight-transfer; apart from the fact that one game is 5 years older than the other.
I prefer GSC atm when it comes to overall ffb and RACE when it comes to grip-feel weight-transfer :)

rf2 has still some way to go with the imo most important ffb-effect which is tyregrip-feel and weight-transfer; apart from the fact that one game is 5 years older than the other.
I prefer GSC atm when it comes to overall ffb and RACE when it comes to grip-feel weight-transfer :)

I agree in terms of the same technology then GSC is leaps ahead of both rFactor and race07

Personally i think Race07 is rubbish for fwd and rwd compared to rfactor 2 now. Hardly any feedback through the wheel with race 07 where as with rfactor 2 you feel everything that it is doing

No question rf2 has raised the stakes, but let's not exaggerate ok, also not every car in rf2 is 100% IMO, granted those issues might be resolved as the build progresses.
Not sure which wheel you're using or cars you're driving, but GTR EVO has very good FFB and general car behaviour, far better than people give it credit for.

Just going to put my opinion across about this topic because the title itself started to bug me. Race 07 has very poor physics for FWD cars i.e Mini/ WTCC cars. The BMW WTCC cars are even worse, the tire wear is completely wrong for a RWD car, how many RWD cars wear their front tires out faster than the rears? Personally I think RF2 actual grip levels and physics on the Clio and Megane are extremely realistic. You actually get the feel for the sticky slick tires that your on and can feel the car moving around in the braking zones and you can predict the movements of the car. I understand why the grip levels on Race 07 are like they are, because if the grip level was more true to life then the lap times around the modeled tracks would be no where near the actual real life times as they are aiming for a full simulation after all. If anyone has a disc version of Race 07 I suggest installing the offline version and doing a session on a track and then go back to the current steam version and notice how much the tires physics have changed over time.

Yes, Game Stock Car will provide us a new FWD league car: The Mini Cooper :)

288955_10150982810596659_1824929661_o.jpg

hmmm... interesting observation, Matt. I've only driven simbin games.
Time to try RFactor as well methinks...
They do have the same engine, right?

It is an observation, his opinion. Wrong, in my view, just another iteration of the classic "what I have now is better than yours"...

rFactor was built upon/with isiMotor2, whereas rF2 is what ISI defined based on isiMotor2.5, a more advanced version of the same engine.

The thing about Race07 which some (deliberately) confuse is that, being based on isiMotor2, it has great potential but is the result of SIMBIN's customization and calibration. Meaning, if you find something wrong with it, you can always tailor it to your needs or views or data.

As for grip levels being what they are in Race07...

Again, misinformation pure and simple by that poster. Or lack of knowledge.

Do the math yourself and check the levels of lateral and longitudinal forces reached. You'll understand that, while the "grip levels" can definitely be improved, they are not as bad as he/she makes them look.

Regarding rFactor, you'll like it. Some modders did a fantastic job and for sure you'll like their work.

NetKar Pro (Fiat 500 Abarth Asseto Corsa)

FWD physics A+
Graphics A+
Time attack C (no ghost) TOO BAD!
Multiplayer N/A (dead) TOO BAD!
AI N/A TOO BAD!
Sounds A+

NKP multiplayer is available and not quite dead. There was a NG member who posted months ago a list of servers for various cars, including the Abart. Granted, not easy find racers, but it is still possible to find them.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%