PC1 Is Project CARS a simulation? lets vote!

A difference between iracing (which isn't perfect also, but something real drivers call a sim) and PCars, is that Iracing will have a lot of real drivers active in the service, and PCars will see next to non.

Stig and Hamilton and Rene Rast are part of the PR machine. I bet you never heard of 99% of the real drivers promoting iracing, when they are active in it.

This "Simracing community" has dropped in level very steeply after the big downtime downfall of RaceSimCentral forums.

Please go on discussing about if this is sim or not. I gave my view on it, and I have nothing more to give in this discussion. I have made my point.

Last edited:
Stig and Hamilton and Rene Rast are part of the PR machine. I bet you never heard of 99% of the real drivers promoting iracing, when they are active in it.
Sure they have been promoting it (and without payment, so guess why? ;)), but it's fact that Rast is actively using it for training/practice.

Not sure if anybody over here read it already , but there's a summary of all the feedback Collins and Hamilton gave on the Project CARS tire model and physics: http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-driver-feedback-compilation-available/

Be sure to follow the download link, it contains a document with 415 (!) pages of feedback. So promotion is only a tiny bit of what they did, they in fact helped shape the entire physics engine (most notably the tire model).

And then there is of course the young driver initiative.

Anyway, my purchase was based on your short, positive pre-release review on this very forum, as I knew you were not a fanboy. What has happened since?

That's quite simple Jyri. The end result was not as good as promised and multiplayer is hit and miss and the AI is pathetic. Other than that, it's a bit of fun and extremely good looking when you turn off all the lens flare, post processing and other console friendly prettiness.

That was completely expected. Empty Box's opinion counts for almost as much as your opinion. He also called Assetto Corsa simcade, so there's that. :rolleyes:

I've been consistent over the years, promoting true sims that have a strong range of dynamic car behaviour, and I've also been rejecting simcades, essentially pointing out that many of these glossy big hype, big advertising style of games appeal to the casual gamer and don't deserve sim status.

That's quite simple Jyri. The end result was not as good as promised and multiplayer is hit and miss and the AI is pathetic. Other than that, it's a bit of fun and extremely good looking when you turn off all the lens flare, post processing and other console friendly prettiness.

So why keep posting here then? You've had your say, you don't like it, so bugger off? :)

..essentially pointing out that many of these glossy big hype, big advertising style of games appeal to the casual gamer and don't deserve sim status.

Now I understand you. You think the word "simulator" is some kind of "status" and "simcade" is a derogatory term, to be applied to "mock" something, to make sure other people think it is of lesser status.. whereas most of us go by the word "simulator" as a technical term, as defined in a dictionary and the word "simcade" as being a community coined up word almost completely void of any consistent meaning.

Actually all of your rants over the years now make sense. It's all about some kind of "status". To be 100% frank; I do not understand people with this kind of mentality. It is so warped that it just doesn't make any sense to me.

I've been consistent over the years, promoting true sims that have a strong range of dynamic car behaviour, and I've also been rejecting simcades, essentially pointing out that many of these glossy big hype, big advertising style of games appeal to the casual gamer and don't deserve sim status.

I dont understand why you think its not an simulation?
What about it is diffrent from the others you call sims?

Dynamic car behavior? whats that?

Im suprised no one noticed that pCars is the only "sim" where you intuitivly drive the car on the trotthle out of a turn. You balance it, and hen you lose grip you brak a little and car regains stabillty, Isnt that dynamic?
Ive played the other sims for far longer and still when i lose grip there no way to save the car. You have to drive under the limit becuse the physics break down and are unable to calculate whats happening. Thats how it feel to me at least.

So why keep posting here then? You've had your say, you don't like it, so bugger off? :)
Don't be telling me where I can and can't post Mr Investor. I take no notice of cyber bullies trying to tell people what to do. You sly smiley does not hide your true thoughts. I have seen people like you on the WMD forums telling members where to go if they complain or didn't like something. It does not work here young man.:thumbsdown:

My point is: it just doesn't make any sense. Why stick around, why waste your time?

Also, if I'm a cyber bully then that'd make you a cyber cry-baby, right?

Calling members childish name does you no favours. I f I want to play Pcars, read about it, complain about it or whatever I will. I am merely saying that members like you cannot be telling others where to go or what to do.
Hope that's clear.
Have a nice day.:thumbsup:

That was completely expected. Empty Box's opinion counts for almost as much as your opinion. He also called Assetto Corsa simcade, so there's that. :rolleyes:

I see Empty Box is not one of your favourite people too. You and many other investors are enjoying having a go at him on the WMD forum and quite vicious at that.. I thought his review was very fair and honest. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back