1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Is OZV8 mod production still active ?

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Jan Mikuž, Feb 4, 2016.

1. I haven't heard/seen any news about the progress since past October.
    Does anyone have any fresh info on the state of the project ?

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. It is still alive guys.. MakCorp took it over from SimNZ

3. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

I still wouldn't wait for it. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. who cares? there the v8 supercars for rf2 and what ive could see they will come to gsc too...

5. YES.. its well underway.

MakCorp will release the images and any news as it comes.

Just to Clarify, its coming to GSCE 1st then rF2 and AC after at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Great stuff. Thanks for the info, Darren.

One more thing - the agreement for using Reiza SV8 physics for the SCE variant still stands ?

7. PieterN

PieterN
    Premium Member

As far as I know , yes.

8. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Have MakCorp actually ever completed a single car? All I've ever seen are 0.X versions of cars. I'm yet to see anything that's actually been finished from them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

I'm not confident it will progress beyond the pictures stage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. wouldn't have much hopes if I was you. As Patriot said better wait for the ones that are in rF2 now, they'll come to SCE AFAIK

11. Ok, rf2, but shouldn't Reiza physics be superior to that one ? I mean, surely a modder can never go as in depth when it comes to developing physics as Reiza guys (and other pros) can. Especially with full engine access and all...Or am i mistaken ?
    That's why i'm more in favor of OZV8, but will take the rf2 port as well ofcourse, if it turns about to be adequate.

12. Huh? OZV8 would use Reiza physics, nothing stops the rF2 port to do the same
    In EEC we do a online league with the Ford car, it uses Reiza physics, no big deal.
    You think OZ will do a physics by their own? Won't happen

13. Aha, ok. I'm not familiar with how freely various assets can be used/reused in mods made by 3rd party people.

14. whats the problem with it? i think its a good sign the devs did everything right when you add a mod and use the games own files with it ;) for example the ford i added, reiza made a great physic and a great sound, i would be stupid if i would add a different one :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. What about AMS? :)