Is Oculus Rift support broken in latest version of ETS2?

ETS2 1.27 is the only game on my PC that I cannot run anymore on my Oculus Rift: as soon as I start the game I can hear the intro sound (choppy), but still Oculus Home is shown for about 10 seconds. Then the intro is shown, but the image is very choppy and the Oculus hourglass is shown repeatedly. Sometimes the image is stuck for a few seconds. I can enter the game and start driving but it has about 5 FPS and the Oculus hourglass keeps popping up.

I tried a lot: no mods, new profile, steam integrity check, removed the game, reinstalled it, removed c:\users\myname\documents\euro truck simulator, disabled anti-virus, installed the latest nVidia driver, reinstalled (repaired) the Oculus software, nothing helps.
All other Steam games and demos like Assetto Corsa, Found, MSI Electric, GE Neuro run just fine, no problem at all. Oculus Home games like Google Earth also run without trouble. ETS is the only game that won't run as it should anymore (I've put many hours in VR in ETS, without problems). This started about a week ago.

The game runs fine when it is running on my monitor. It just won't run in VR (startup option -oculus and opted in for the beta ETS2 1.27 Oculus VR).

Does anyone else have this issue too? Does anyone have a solution? Is VR for ETS2 broken?

I have Beta 1.27 (SDK 1.4.0) running for ETS2 without issue ... apart from it not being compatible with the new Heavy Cargo Pack, and now having to run the game in offline mode until a new update arrives, it should be working.

Have you been able to double check the graphics settings? Is SteamVR trying to run when you start ETS2?

I finally found the problem: it's Avast anti-virus. I did try to disable it and run ETS, but that did not help. Now I have removed Avast completely (and run Windows Defender as an alternative) and it is running again as it should. I was pulling my hair out, but it is resolved.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 500 39.1%