Is Metalmoro unfinished ?

It feels like it's unfinished physics-wise. Is it @Reiza Studios ?

I find it's too twitchy and on the edge of losing grip all the time. Also when it bogs down mid slow corner, the traction fall off feels too severe and the car will spin at 40 kmh sometimes. I doubt the high tech modern racing machine is this awkward to drive...

It's definitely fun and challenging and all that, but I feel it still needs some adjusting of the numbers/physics.

Anyone else feels the same ?

Last edited:
I can handle it ;) Usually Niels doesnt go back to work on cars after their very first version, I take care of getting them ready for release, and then maintaining / updating / reviewing when necessary while Niels keeps himself busy putting the new cars together.

So you're telling me you clean up after Niels' messes? Got it. Every cohort has its silent hero. ;) (I kid, I kid)

In all seriousness its good to get some official feedback. I did consider that it was a hard car to drive, and at first my style was a big issue, but the thing that always struck me is that I've never struggled much with any Reiza car to not wreck out even if I had to settle for being slow. I've considered GSCE to be all about predictability where I often found in other sims a deficit of this. Encouraging that its not just me, but also that you guys give such direct feedback. That's my second favourite thing about Reiza.

I look forward to testing out any changes made in the future. The thing is I do like the idea of an unforgiving car that lacks some of the qualities of the kind that usually get simulated. A problematic car does reveal deficits in capability and mindset. If anything its returned me to fiddling with set up as well as examining my driving.

Thanks for the feedback Neils and Renato.

Wow, nice to hear that! Metalmoro is an awesome car to race once you have a good setup, but I think it lacks a few things for it to be perfect, the oversteer at some corner entries or the sudden loss of traction can be a bit annoying. I believe most of the cars are great. Besides Metalmoro, I’d improve a bit F Reiza and F extreme traction and SuperV8, for this last one, I believe it lacks traction and the car has way too much understeer (setup has almost no parameters to fix)

That´s a locked diff with the SuperV8 though, it will lead to understeer going in and poor traction on exit. Generally everything can be improved to one degree or another, but Id rank the SuperV8 as one of the most accurate cars in the sim. We shouldn´t confuse every car characteristic for a physics flaw :)

The inherent understeer of the SuperV8 is one of those things that has annoyed me because my driving style has very much been to happily cope with oremploy oversteer to beneficial result while learning to drive an understeery car only reveals my own deficit of talent. :p

The same thread could be made about the karts

They're not really realistic @Renato Simioni.
especially not the Shifter Kart
it has 38 HP, Real shifter karts have 42 HP
And an actual Shift stick
but they don't really have wa loss of traction when you overpush them like in real life.

(i'm sorry for the sudden change of direction but i can't say this enough)

I think its very difficult to simulate kart by several factors (!!)
the work of Reiza is very very good with this engine IMO
superkart for me is perfect
on technical data, I have no knowledge
I know that the ISI engine has his limits but i've seen some karting mods in RFactor 1 who had almost perfect physics

And just adding a shifter wouldn't be that hard for the Engine right?

There are shifter karts of 35, 36, 38, 40, 45 hp & other variations.
Personally I find the karts to be a good representation of the real thing.
But yes, I agree it is missing a gear shifter stick.
Yay finally somebody who agree's with me ;)
Will this ever be added @Renato Simioni ? (please reply to this question because i really want to know )
Yeah but these shifter karts in SCE are obviously mimicking a KZ1 or KZ2 kart Which i drive in real life :)

I did some tests today
increasing the diffuser and decreasing strength in the real feel got better traction
so I think smoothly
I wanted to be able to change the differential of superv8 hahahaha
I think really only the metalmoro need minor adjustments, however I can drivee well on it, I think that minor adjustments would let it better

Yay finally somebody who agree's with me ;)
Will this ever be added @Renato Simioni ? (please reply to this question because i really want to know )
Yeah but these shifter karts in SCE are obviously mimicking a KZ1 or KZ2 kart Which i drive in real life :)

At some point perhaps, for now there are bigger tasks to handle with higher priority. Sorry best answer I can give right now to this OT question :unsure:

Reactions: hex
V 1.51 is a big improvement. Finally feels like a properly tuned race car that can tackle any type of corner or situation with high predictability and control and gives the driver the confidence to race it and push it to the max.

Great job, Renato and team. Thanks. :thumbsup:

ps: Tried the new Velocitta layout and Spa. No problems whatsoever.
Could really push it and play with it and enjoy it. I feel more in control of the car than ever.
Excellent sim racing experience. :D

Great update... my new favorite car in game, closely followed by the Super V8 and the Stock V8.
Hyper1.png

Hyper2.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back