1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Is it worth if for me to join FSR?

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Thomas Bienert, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Hey guys,
    I am pretty new to the scene and my simple question is "Is it worth it for me to join FSR?"

How do you I come to this. I was a fanatic Formula 1 and motorsport fan since I was 5 years. Through my puberty I lost the contact to it. But this year (now I am 26) I drove my first kartraces with friends and I was basicly fixed on. I was fast enough to nearly beat the track record on 1 1/2 second even if I sit for the first time in a kart >< Then I started playing my whole racing games and uninstalled nearly everything like dota.

In rFactor 2 I am struggling hard. Can't find good setups, but I am practicing at least 1 hour a day (if i dont work). My pace is clearly not fast enough for any races and my driving style is to instable. But I reaaaaally reaaaaally wanna learn it. So I would take a testdriver seat for weeks. But are the 12 bucks worth it? How friendly is this community? Is the chance high to find a good mentoring team?

Thx for the answers and reading Thomas :D

2. Hey Thomas.
    For a Testdriver role you dont need a license. You only need it, to take part at the races.

3. My advice for you is: Just go for it. Im sure theres a team that would love to have you onboard. I was in your situation 3 years ago when i found simracing. Now im 25 and really glad i started doing this. Also the Pro league is for learning and u dont need to be the next Schumacher to drive there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thx for the info guys ^^ and thx for the motivating words Ville :D

5. I'm pretty new and learning too so if I see you on the server I'll be happy to trade tips etc.

I stalked the server for years before I finally committed to getting real good at rF2, if you have never simraced before may take you awhile but all I can say is just read as much as you can about real life car engineering and setup,people told me there was no shortcut and it's true, it's simply a matter of learning the science and feeling the physics.

And to be completely fair I think seeing as this is first season of RF2 it's perfect time for newcomers, in RF1 i always felt like I was 10 years behind in knowledge and experience but this is a "fresh" game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Write me a PM Thomas :)