Is it Sim or Arcade?

Msportdan

@Simberia
I cant make my mind up....

what you guys thinks. It feels like an shift 2 -ish racer with a sort of edgy handling thrown in.. The AI are fast but seem like from an arcade game! They bash you cut corners...etc

Must admit the FFb is very good but does it hide a simple physics system? Can I have some opinions please? Unbiast if possible, maybe compared to AC & RF2 GSCe.

Shift 2-ish

HahaNice.gif

Devs should stay away from topics like this but this time I will reply ;)

As you know, we are powered by ISI physics engine (graphics engine is our own), the same you can find in gMotor based simulators, and with newest ffb updates and physics improvements there is only one answer to that question :) . As a simracer who is using mainly iRacing, I love driving R3E after latest update. (some older cars may need update though)

My favourite combo is BMW Z4 GT3 on Red Bull Ring, I can't work anymore guys, really, and every time I do few laps I watch them all the time, again and again, just can't stop looking at suspension movement when car drives over the bumps, and how reacts when I brake ect. Our physics guys did great job improving vehicle dynamics and FFB .

BTW.Those 100 views in this video are mine! Just so you know ;)

Last edited:
SimBin/Sector 3 has been making "sim" type racing games for years, they know what it takes. I have a hard time believing they would change direction to move in the arcade direction. They are a small development team as is Kunos, ISI, and Reiza but given time I am confident Simtor will create a complete racing sim.

@feels3 I too am loving Red Bull Ring but with the M3 E30 - great fun! As I have mention before, I prefer cockpit view but the sounds from the rear are sooooooo good it is hard to resist some laps using chase cam!

There is a ton more detail and focus to add yet to the full on simulation aspects of our game, as I have communicated before we are in the process of moving it all back towards the direction we all want to see it go, this means new content with be written with full on sim aspects taken into consideration, and continue to grow in that direction, and older content will get updated as and when we have the time, the latest patch is merely the entry into the new voyage we are taking.

When R3E was conceived it was designed and specified by the people who pay the bills that it should be an "authentic" experience, something a little more relaxed, and that is what Simbin delivered, like it or not (any many expressed they did not, I know)

Now the people who pay the bills tell us we can go ahead and create the best sim experience we can, and that is exactly what we will aim to achieve, this will come in the form of not only more realistic physics but more real world options (thinking car setup, game options and things like this here), and whilst we will strive to make this the best Sim experience we can we will work double hard on making sure the game is just as easy and just as accessible to the more casual player by better driving aid configurations rather than more relaxed physics, I have always been of the opinion the underpinnings should as correct as possible with the aids and accessibility overlayed on top.

All this stuff will take time and will not happen overnight, but be assured this is our focus, along the way we will find ways to communicate and involve our customers in the changes we aim to make as well.....phew, now I am going to bed to dream about the aero work I am doing in the morning :D

I cant make my mind up....

what you guys thinks. It feels like an shift 2 -ish racer with a sort of edgy handling thrown in.. The AI are fast but seem like from an arcade game! They bash you cut corners...etc

Must admit the FFb is very good but does it hide a simple physics system? Can I have some opinions please? Unbiast if possible, maybe compared to AC & RF2 GSCe.
So, if the car hard to control or hanlde, then its true hardcore sim, if not its arcade in your opinion? :roflmao:

I feel that it's I between at the moment, which makes sense since it was originally created as a simcade game which will now migrate toward being a full fledged sim racing experience.

Now, I can't wait until cockpits on all cars are updated. Cars like the bmw gt2 are amazing while the Audi gt3 makes my eyes hurt.

what you guys thinks. It feels like an shift 2 -ish racer with a sort of edgy handling thrown in..
As I guy who finished the Shift 2 career on Xbox 360 and PC, RRE feels nothing like Shift 2 at all. The only way it would is to mod Shift 2 using the realistic tyre mod and the community patch found on NoGrip. Even then Shift 2 is a long way behind RRE.

The AI are fast but seem like from an arcade game! They bash you cut corners...etc
I believe the AI are still a work in progress.

I think you have your answers from Feels and Mark: ISI physics tweaked by Sector 3 so it's no arcade racer.

Its ok, it has some value, I think it is important to understand where we are and where we go :)

Tyre wear and tyre temps in R3e are currently not fully optimised currently, whilst active and being monitored the penalty for being outside the optimum pressure and temp is not fully scaled correctly, all this stuff actually is part of the focus in coming updates, we have a new wear system we are working with which eventually will punish you properly for pushing the tyre beyond it's design limits, powersliding and locking up wheels naturally should incur proper repercussions, as well as having cold tyres and low pressures etc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back