1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

is it rude to join a server without TS?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by ohioracer, Dec 13, 2016.

1. ohioracer

ohioracer

Ratings:
    +23
    I have been hesitant to join a server without team speak. I wonder, is it considered rude to jump on somebody's server without being able to talk and then race and leave? I tried a couple times but typing and driving as well as reading did not go well. I mostly drive in SP mode @ get real and do some of the challenges and have not used ts since nr2k3 days. I will have to get a new headset/mic and DL TS but just wondering until then. Thanks.

2. Hal Burns

Hal Burns

Ratings:
    +83
    I don't have a headset either ( cheapskate)...I think if you say Howdy on chat and drive in a civilized manner, no one will complain. The more, the merrier!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium

Ratings:
    +551
    If you are just racing on open servers, saying hello doesn't hurt. Beyons that, noone really knows you or remembers you up to a point, where you maybe start a "friendship" and chat via Steam.
    I don't think the standard player runs with TS, so noone to talk to anyway...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +44
    There doesn't seem to be a public TS server that is commonly used in R3E. I see that sector3 has started a public discord server. I've never heard of discord before, but now that I've tried it, I really like it. there seems to be 15-30 ppl on the raceroom channel all the time. most ppl just stay in the text chat, but a lot of ppl use mics. check it out.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-discord-server.6798/

• Like Like x 1
  5. ohioracer

ohioracer

Ratings:
    +23
    Thanks for your opinions, waiting on the ups truck now. Thanks, Tim, I had not heard of it before, will check it out. Talk to you at the track soon.:D