Is it possible to race offline?

Hi guys, first of all, thanks for GSC 2012. Excelent job.

Today I lost my Internet connection (problem on cable service) and when I tried to launch GSC it showed a message saying that the "trial period was over". The "original" (2011) GSC did the same.
Question: is it impossible to play GSC unless you're connected to the Internet?

*I'm referring to already authenticated/activated games, of course.

Yes you can run it offline after initial activation.
Thanks for the response. I don't know what is going wrong then. Did a new test today. When I'm connected to the Internet, it works. Without connection, I'm seeing the following window, asking for a new activation. Should I do it again or will I just toss out my activations?

GSC Auth.jpg

edit: went ahead and just lost one extra activation - ran the game with the network cable plugged in - no problems. Then, closed game, disconnected the network cable and tried again. This time game showed the message above. Put the serial, reconnected the cable and activated through Internet. Disconnected cable and restarted game. Same message above, again, so no, the answer is "you *cannot* play offline".

I have both versions installed (original GSC 1.70 and GSC 2012) on Windows 7 Home 64bit.
They are installed respectively at "c:\games\GSC" and "c:\games\GSC 2012" folders.
Both show the same behavior - I can play online, but not offline.

edit: I have UAC turned off and I run everything as administrator on this machine.

Out of curiosity, tried to execute the little .exe that is inside the programdata/reiza folder. Watch the error - it may have something to have with the issue?
(Important: This error doesn't show when I try to run the game online/offline - so the program is never called and/or the .exe extension may be just an artifice?)

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 205
I have the same problem Fernando has. It shows up in 1.70 and 2012. If I turn off my modem I get the box popping up. If I then turn the modem back on it runs normally. I am using Windows XP.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back