• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Is it possible to have a wide FOV?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Carl Hughes, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Carl Hughes

Carl Hughes

Ratings:
    +78
    Hi guys, I'm creating a racing rig and wanted to have an extra wide projection for games. I was wondering if it was possible to create an FOV for F1 2011 so I could see the cars along side without using the look buttons or having 3 monitors.
    Is this possible as it is in others such as FPS games

2. Carl Hughes

Carl Hughes

Ratings:
    +78
    Like this: [​IMG]
    but on one screen

3. Dmitry Zaharov

Dmitry Zaharov

Ratings:
    +396
    You can edit camera file and put a wanted FOV into it.
    PS: Actually three monitors will be cheaper, HD projectors are damn expensive.

4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ........ Mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,125
    I would guess that everything would be pretty distorted with a FOV of 180 degrees or so, like a 'fisheye' lens on a camera. I doubt that anyone would like driving at that sort of extreme.

5. Carl Hughes

Carl Hughes

Ratings:
    +78
    I was thinking about 120 like human vision and use warping software to even out the fish eye

6. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ........ Mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,125
    MMmmm ..... I suppose it could work, but you've got to cram so much horizontally, perhaps the vertical will be too narrow ..... I don't know.

I think personally I would go for the 3 monitor option, if it were important to me, and I had the money ..... and I don't :(

7. Carl Hughes

Carl Hughes

Ratings:
    +78
    Yeah I'll stick with what I have for now and maybe save up for a triple setup :)