1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to have a wide FOV?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Carl Hughes, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Hi guys, I'm creating a racing rig and wanted to have an extra wide projection for games. I was wondering if it was possible to create an FOV for F1 2011 so I could see the cars along side without using the look buttons or having 3 monitors.
    Is this possible as it is in others such as FPS games
  2. Like this: [​IMG]
    but on one screen
  3. You can edit camera file and put a wanted FOV into it.
    PS: Actually three monitors will be cheaper, HD projectors are damn expensive.
  4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

I would guess that everything would be pretty distorted with a FOV of 180 degrees or so, like a 'fisheye' lens on a camera. I doubt that anyone would like driving at that sort of extreme.
  5. I was thinking about 120 like human vision and use warping software to even out the fish eye
  6. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

MMmmm ..... I suppose it could work, but you've got to cram so much horizontally, perhaps the vertical will be too narrow ..... I don't know.

I think personally I would go for the 3 monitor option, if it were important to me, and I had the money ..... and I don't :(
  7. Yeah I'll stick with what I have for now and maybe save up for a triple setup :)