• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Is it possible to have 3 devices and still play simracing?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by racingenthusiast, Aug 25, 2017.

1. racingenthusiast

racingenthusiast

Ratings:
    +20
    I have a TSPC racer I'm going to get Fanatec V3 pedals soon and I'm planning on getting SHH Shifter however they will all act as three separate devices therefore I was wandering will the sims recognise 3 devices at once? Thank you.

2. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +341
    Most sims recognize at least 3 devices.

For instance, I have a Fanatec CSWv2, Logitech G25 pedals on a bodnar USB cable, and Logitech G25 shifter on another bodnar USB cable for a total of 3 devices. These are all recognized by R3E, AMS, AC, pCARS, and rF2. Configuring "Frankenstein" systems such as this can sometimes be a challenge... I remember R3E being a pain because it kept expecting the pedals to be Fanatec as well, but in the end everything worked. rF2 will recognize some large number of devices, like 6(?).

Wreckfest, as I recall, only recognizes the pedals & wheel, but I haven't tried confirming that lately, so it may or may not support 3 devices. Most of the older sims recognize 3 devices with no difficulty (Race07, GTR2, & original rF).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,415
    Just chiming in to say that I also use three devices... T300 wheel, modded G27 pedals on a Bodnar cable, and a G27 h-box on a Bodnar adapter. They work absolutely fine in the sims I currently play, which is RaceRoom, Automobilista, Assetto Corsa, and rFactor 2. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. manc0ntr0

manc0ntr0

Ratings:
    +10
    I have four devices:
    T300
    ClubSport V3
    SSH Shifter
    Button box + hall sensor handbrake (and sometimes G25 pedals were connected to the Teensy board too)

I never had any problems at all with any game: Richard Burns, rFactor, Automobilista, ETS2, Assetto, R3E, Dirt Rallye...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. racingenthusiast

racingenthusiast

Ratings:
    +20
    Sweeeet, thanks for the reassurance guys definitely will go ahead with it on pay day then ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
  6. Jeremy Ford

Jeremy Ford

Ratings:
    +36
    Yeah you can pretty much have as many as you have USB holes to shove them into, I'm counting 7 sim peripherals on my rig, some are doubled up such as my sequential shifter and wheel paddles, but all can be mapped.