Is it possible to deactivate the monitor screen mirror when playing with the coulus?

Hjola, I have been with assetto corsa and oculus rift for a short time. I wanted to know if it is possible to disable the screen mirror of the monitor when I am in the race.
Sorry for my english XD

Thanks!!

Doesn't turning ON 'Fullscreen' do the same (ie. turn off mirroring to the monitor)? I notice Fullscreen ON blanks out my monitors, whereas OFF mirrors to my monitor. Is there a disadvantage to setting Fullscreen to OFF?

Last edited:
I've read that doesn't save on GPU/CPU usage that much anyway so is fairly pointless.

Just to quote myself, since I posted this I have done extensive VR benchmarks with RF2 using the FCAT software from Nvidia, sure enough the monitor mirror causes no significant loss of framerate at all. Therefore it's fairly safe to assume it's the same in AC or any game that mirrors to monitor, but my tests don't speak for every machine of course :)

Last edited:
Just to quote myself, since I posted this I have done extensive VR benchmarks with RF2 using the FCAT software from Nvidia, sure enough the monitor mirror causes so significant loss of framerate at all. Therefore it's fairly safe to assume it's the same in AC or any game that mirrors to monitor, but my tests don't speak for every machine of course :)
Just to be sure: you mean "sure enough the monitor mirror causes no significant loss of framerate at all"?

In my case I discovered this by accident. I can turn off mirroring to monitor just by pressing WINDOWS+D. I'm playing on SteamVR with Index and It help a lot in terms of performance and stable 90 FPS are achieved without any problems. When I have mirror view (full screen) then I have around 50-60 FPS but the worst thing is that those FPS are not stable and those values jumping a lot. After hiding Mirror View in my monitor I have stable 90 FPS without any problems. So I think it is worth to try. I have AC with Sol 1.5 and CSP 0.1.52

UPDATE:

I have VSync enabled in game and it seems that this was the problem. When I disabled VSync in game, NVidia Control Panel VSync is Application Controlled then I don't need to use similar tricks with hiding mirror view on the monitor. Now everything is working fine with mirroring. So the general rule is to disable VSync in game when You are in VR.

Last edited:
FELLAS! I found a way to force mirror off (kind off).

With CSP installed, enable smart mirrors.

go to steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\smart_mirror.ini

find this

[PIECE_0]
; hidden
HEIGHT=0.1185 * screen.height
WIDTH=0.1185 * screen.height * 4
CENTER_X=0.5 * screen.width
CENTER_Y=85 + 0.1185 * screen.height / 2
OPACITY=1

yank CENTER_Y=85 + 0.1185 * screen.height / 2 value to the moon like 999999999999

example:

CENTER_Y=99999999985 + 0.1185 * screen.height / 2
No more virtual mirror

link to post where i found it https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/virtual-mirror-resize.203898/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.2%