1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Is it possible to change track info and tags?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by Geronimo1986, Apr 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Geronimo1986

Geronimo1986

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible to change track info and tags? I would like to be able to: 1. Add info such as Country, City and Year to modded tracks. 2. Change and add tags. 3. Add track info so corner names will be displayed in-game via the Track Info app. Could someone help me out?

2. Dirk Steffen

Dirk Steffen
    Porsche Factory Jackass Premium

Ratings:
    +250
    Yes, this is very easy to do when you use an application called "Assetto Corsa Content Manager".
    There is a free version and a paid version available and the paid version is worth every bit of the money.

It allows to manage your cars, tracks, apps, allows access to settings and even can be used as a full alternative launcher for Assetto Corsa.
    You can easily edit tags, car information, logos, add and remove skins and many, many more.
    It is a must have tool when you use Assetto Corsa and like to use mods.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Geronimo1986

Geronimo1986

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply. I have the Content Manager app but I can't change these things. When I click on it nothing happens and in settings I can't find how to do this. Could you tell me
    precisely how to do these things?

4. Geronimo1986

Geronimo1986

Ratings:
    +0
    Btw, I can do it for cars, but not for tracks. What would be the difference?

5. Dirk Steffen

Dirk Steffen

Ratings:
    +250
    Oh, I am sorry, I misread your post :-(
    I read your post, concerning cars tags and info.

With the tracks the very least you can do is changing the tracks name as it appears in Assetto Corsa.
    You may be able to do more than that by now (I looked at this topic a few builds before the current one and the author is constantly adding new features and improvements to the app).

6. Dirk Steffen

Dirk Steffen

Ratings:
    +250
    I checked now - you definitely can change these tags and info fields in Content Manager.
    I do have the licensed pay version of the app.
    It may be that you cannot change this info with the free to use version.

7. Ben O'Bro

Ben O'Bro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +701
    i do think the free version doesn't allow track change
    i think...

8. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +247
    You have to open the track folder, go to UI and then open the ui_track.json with the text editor. Now you can change all the info of the track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1