1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is gamepad okay for driving ?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Ihsan Ulusoy, Dec 10, 2011.

1. I use gamepad but here most of racers use wheel? Or is gamepad okay for driving ?

2. James Maskell

James Maskell
    "Remember the name! Tommy Vercetti!"

Yea, but over time you will want to get a wheel just so you can go faster and get more feeling from it.

3. If gamepads were good for racing, they would fit them in real F1 cars. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think the game was designed for gamepads, seeing that it's a console port. But a steering wheel will always beat a gamepad.

5. Except some of the gamepad drivers are incredibly quick!!!

6. Thanks evreyone for reply
    I have played the 2010 game with tc off and this was not a big problem but now this game i think tc off is realy challenging what do you thing am i wrong?

7. Gamepads are designed for arcade platformers and not for racing.

8. 3 times WC on legend with xbox game controller! ;)

9. I am using a XBox controller and I love it. Have to tweak the settings a bit to get just right but after that, it rocks!

10. If you think a pad rocks, I expect your trousers would explode if you tried a wheel :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. LOL @Paul!

12. I am having the same problem with the Xbox controller. I had all Assist's off in 2010 but i just cant control the car properly with tc completely off in 2011.

But the Controller is good, I won or was close to winning a lot of my race's on-line but i am getting the Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 racing wheel for crimbo as i do feel limited without it at the minute (i.e: TC on still).

13. Mark do you also shift manualy with gamepad is this handy?

14. no, mostly auto but I would of loved if they added an Semi-Auto option so it would change for me but I could also change gears if I wanted (with the wheel I will be doing manual shifts).

I find it weird using the game pad +gears with F1, in RACE 07 I am using manual gears all the time.