Is DTM Experience just as crappy as R3E?

Ricoow

Premium
Well the question says it all, R3E feels way too arcadish when you are used to AC and just doesnt feel like racing. (TC, ABS, No Setup)
I bought DTM today but have not yet received the code from RD, (which is not the problem) but I want to know if I wasted my cash on it and how you guys feel about R3E compared to DTM\
First Experiences were kinda terrible ;)

While I generally agree with you there's a few things that I'd like to add.
I don't know a ding about FFB settings and wheel settings beyond setting rotation and FFB strength, and I suspect that this goes for the majority of simracers, at least those who are just starting out. I could learn about it but I can't say that I feel any urge to, cos if a games FFB feels poor I've got 5 others that feels good or even great, so why bother?
This is why games need to offer a certain level of plug and play for most of the wheels on the market today, at a base level.
To use your analogy, some people can't be arsed making their own coffe and are happy with drinking what's being served, but they expect to be served coffe when ordering coffe, not tea.
I have tried a few of the profiles posted here, and they do improve things, but I still find this games FFB to be severely lacking compared to GSC, rF2, iRacing and AC in particular. But I hope this will be solved with the upcoming FFB update.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back