Is DTM Experience just as crappy as R3E?

Ricoow

Premium
Well the question says it all, R3E feels way too arcadish when you are used to AC and just doesnt feel like racing. (TC, ABS, No Setup)
I bought DTM today but have not yet received the code from RD, (which is not the problem) but I want to know if I wasted my cash on it and how you guys feel about R3E compared to DTM\
First Experiences were kinda terrible ;)

Do you remember the first release with AI in AC? Did you rate AC as crap at that point?
Or how about the way the AC cars jump around in MP (DTM WIP much better), does that make it crap?

Both Kunos and Simbin have proven themselves in the sim racing genre, I have confidence in both producting great sims again. I am pulling for both.

I remember the AC early acces lotus on Magione. I was stunned by the physics and FFB at that point, It felt natural. I was crap on laptimes compared to other RD drivers but at least the car behaved natural in physics / ffb means: there was enough feedback from the wheel. With R3E / DTM the only input i have is the visual input looking just in fron of the car what the cars nose is doing to measure the amount of under / oversteer. And R3E is in beta(!) for over a year now, while AC was an early acces.

I remember the AC early acces lotus on Magione. I was stunned by the physics and FFB at that point, It felt natural. I was crap on laptimes compared to other RD drivers but at least the car behaved natural in physics / ffb means: there was enough feedback from the wheel. With R3E / DTM the only input i have is the visual input looking just in fron of the car what the cars nose is doing to measure the amount of under / oversteer. And R3E is in beta(!) for over a year now, while AC was an early acces.
What's your point (quoting my comment)? My original comment was in response to the "...just as crappy.." thread, not in any way suggesting one sim is better than another. Each of the current WIP sims are better in some areas than others.
SimBin has mentioned they have been working on the FFB and seem to indicate very good progress. The FFB as-is is not the best I have raced but it's been pretty good after I was able to dial-it-in with the help of others in the R3E/DTM forums.

I just had a MP race at Norisring. The graphics are very nice, the sound is awesome and the MP so far very stable. but the during the whole race i was just guessing the corners. Especially exiting the corners (after hitting the apex) just no feeling if the back wants to slip away due to too much gas applied. While i thought being careful with the gas, suddenly without any warning i was in a uncontrollable spin standing 180 on track. Very frustrating. I do not mind that it happens because i make mistakes, but at least i want to feel / now why and how it went wrong.

Anyways, here is file:

Attachments

• T500RS .rcs
    27.2 KB · Views: 224
Im using the standard rcs file. Running a T500RS. Do i understand correctly that a .rcs file is not made from the ingame settings?

Here's mine. Using 60/100/100/0/0 and 540 rotation.

Maybe you need to adjust the steering force because I use different values.

Attachments

• T500RS .rcs
    15.3 KB · Views: 250
I have spend a whole day racing DTM exp with the BMW at Norisring. I have tried every setting including the RCS file from Peter (thank you for that!!).

After this whole afternoon racing im tired and i came to a personal conclusion: this game isnt just for me period. I like every single bit of it: cars, tracks, graphics, sound. That is also the same for R3E: it has by far the BEST car park and tracks between rF2 / AC en yeah, even rF1 including all mods (personal preference). I do not care about the paying model as it garantees a certain quality which i cant say for rF1 / rF2 and AC mods. But i just cant get over the lack of car / ffb / physics feeling. I cant get used to it. Even after racing a whole day. The problem is that even after this day i'm not able to describe the problem i experience. It is just that everytime around the car suprises me and with only having a visual clue in 80% im too late to correct. So despite all money i have put into R3E and DTM exp, this isn't the title that gives me racing joy like rF2 or AC does. And that is a shame but hey, disappointment is part of life i guess.

I have spend a whole day racing DTM exp with the BMW at Norisring. I have tried every setting including the RCS file from Peter (thank you for that!!).

After this whole afternoon racing im tired and i came to a personal conclusion: this game isnt just for me period. I like every single bit of it: cars, tracks, graphics, sound. That is also the same for R3E: it has by far the BEST car park and tracks between rF2 / AC en yeah, even rF1 including all mods (personal preference). I do not care about the paying model as it garantees a certain quality which i cant say for rF1 / rF2 and AC mods. But i just cant get over the lack of car / ffb / physics feeling. I cant get used to it. Even after racing a whole day. The problem is that even after this day i'm not able to describe the problem i experience. It is just that everytime around the car suprises me and with only having a visual clue in 80% im too late to correct. So despite all money i have put into R3E and DTM exp, this isn't the title that gives me racing joy like rF2 or AC does. And that is a shame but hey, disappointment is part of life i guess.
I'd recommend you do as me then, and revisit it in a few weeks or months. Keep tabs on the blogposts by SimBin, cos they are working on some serious changes for the games FFB.

Ffb/physics can idd be a dealbreaker
I'm really curious what the end result will feel like
cause the rest is top notch idd

Not so long ago i had issues with the ffb - so bad i thought my G25 was dying.
I uninstalled R3E.
Deleted all my controller profiles and after a fresh install it feels great. Granted not as great as AC (nothing is) but i get enough feedback to be able to catch 99% of slides.
Like Kjell says, give it time... come back to it when you can see things from a fresh pair of eyes/fingertips!

ill be honest and say that i can feel oversteeer and understeer ok the track surface is a bit woolly but i know when its not going to turn in or when its stepping outt both in r3e and dtm , maybe try setting the cars up so they are a little more alive , i agree ffb and a few physics things need tweaking but there is much more there than just visual info

Andi

Jumped back on to DTM today spent another 5 mins tweaking
just needed a little more wheel preesure on the T500 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
sweet as....................:):):)
Went onto the 2014 merc challege up to 310 on the leaderboard
norsring think I ran a 59:2
Theres proof with a little more tweaks here m there
hopefully get in the top 100
T500 rocks

firstly although ive quoted your post this is a general reply and not pointed at you ....

just to say i looked at your rcs and talked to peter aswell , as he has the same wheel as such , there were a few things in there that would give you very limited feeling , a while ago i started a couple of threads to share the rcs and also to discuss a little about how the ffb is going /changing etc . Its a shame that people choose to complain about the ffb instead of doing a little research and asking for help as such .
My standpoint on FFB is its like a cup of coffee , when i make my cup of coffee its better than one made by someone else as i know what i like ...

With the game developing with each update and aspects of the physics changing then we need to tweak a little , either to keep what we want or improve on what we want . having games that are plug and play are great but that says i have to accept that i have the same taste as the developer or the modder , in real life cars are set up for the driver or a compromise between drivers when the car is shared , some people prefer a more dampened steering feeling some a more direct , some a car that steers from the back some prefer a neutral car ... part of the joy of racing is to get that feel that you want ,and to be able to push it forward

Sim racing is a community , not everyone has the same skill level or the same skills to bring to it , very much like real racing , but we shouldnt be afraid to say "i dont understand" or "i really cant do that " , its not an issue , this is were the strengths of the community come into play ... so ask for a setup ; ask someone to help with the rcs file , graphics settings ... ill be honest i struggle to get the feel i want in AC , i can get it in rF/RF2, GSC ,Simbin games but that is through years of tweaking those to get what i want , i understand the parameters , the plugins (leos/realfeel(RF)) so i know that does this or that .
We are in a position at present were lots of sims are in a developement stage and in one way this is a bit "meh" but in another way its an amazing possibility to give feedback and put pressure on the developers to create what we want ; but we cant expect the developers to make the cup of coffee we want , they are going to release stuff that is in the middle / setups and rcs so for me its not right for my personal experience but if they give the leeway in the parameters i can do the rest

r3e has a long way to go and i know that the guys have listened to the feedback and the FFB is being retweaked , how the car reacts with the road etc also , so it will continue to change for a while still , so if you lose the feeling you had or cant find what you want then ask

anyway keep posting gents ; keep asking and keep pointing out were it is sucky as all of these are positive things , but above all have fun , and help and feed the community with your energy

Andi

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back