F1 2012 Is corrupt saves fixed?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I've seen some over at CM forums still have problems after patch6. Does anyone here had corrupt saves, I don't want to start a career if it is still around:unsure:

Ive reinstalled windows and went to race today but got hit with the "your save game is corrupt" message, even though i downloaded it from the "CLOUD".

Still, im not too bothered as i hadnt done too much yet, but those well into a career will be quite miffed at it!

After patch 6 update I can't play without problems:low fps ( i played before with ultra settings without problems - ATI HD 6770 vapor-x ),error 41 and saved profile is corrupt ( i re-profiled my game and I lost all saved data , setups, online rank and game settings).After this when I start again the game, i receive same error: saved profile corupted! I am disapointed! INCREDIBLE!

Ive reinstalled windows and went to race today but got hit with the "your save game is corrupt" message, even though i downloaded it from the "CLOUD".

Still, im not too bothered as i hadnt done too much yet, but those well into a career will be quite miffed at it!

Even CM recommend disabling the Steam Cloud for this game.

The problem is if the profile is corrupt, and you don't know that when you shut down your game, then that corrupt profile is uploaded to the Cloud when Steam does it's cloud synchronising on shut down. So you end up with a corrupt profile and a corrupt backup

This is why I keep my own backups of the profile (every hour), then if I get a failure I can work back through them to get he last good one, keeping losses to a minimum.

If the corruption is fixed now (for me at least), then over time I will reduce the quantity of backups I make.

I understand you Gnu Uk but how you can backup your profile ? My backups was userdata folder but don't work if I overwrite on corrupted userdata folder.

It depends. Do you have multiple backups to choose from? So you can go back one at a time until you find a good one.

If you have only one backup, that might be corrupted already ..... just like the Steam one.

All you need is the 'remote' folder from that 'userdata' folder.

What sometimes works is this :-

1/ Empty the remote folder in your Steam/Userdata folder

2/ Start the game and create a NEW profile using the same name as you used before.

3/ Close the game

4/ Copy your backup 'remote' folder contents back into the game's 'remote' folder . Over-writing the new profile.

5/ Start the game and hope that it works :)

Yes I know this but don't work!I backed up before patch 6 was installed and when I started my game after overwrite , I was notified with saved profile corrupted and I have error 41 sometimes! Before patch 6 I hadn't problems!

You created a new profile 1st, before copying your old profile back?

It this fails ...... then I think you are unlikely to recover your profile and will have to start again.

EDIT: You may also want to try unplugging your wheel when you do all this, it might help

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%