Is converting GSCE tracks to AMS possible?

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
Hi all.

I've been testing our almost released BTCC 2015/16 mod for quite a while now..

But i wanted to try them on some actual British Circuits like @Patrick Giranthon 's Croft.

But when i converted it to AMS And went to load up the tracks so much errors about the Cloudmesh or something popped up... Is this normal? and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

I hope most "major" rFactor/SCE tracks will be ported to AMS, with dynamic track and stuff.
Also, I'm VERY interested to see what will happen with rally/hillclimbs tracks...
AMS is one of the only games with proper dirt physics (I don't like it in AC at the moment), so it could become my next "hillclimb/rally simulator".
he he:p

Btw, can I ask why only GSC and not GSCE tracks can run in AMS?
I'm downloading some of them on that website :
http://downloads.xtremefactor.es/en/descargas/viewcategory/98-circuitos-gsc-2013.html?start=20
Wait... Maybe I'm mistaken.. it's GSCEx which doesn't work?
I don't know what it means. lol

Hmmm I keep trying to change the skies in some very old rFactor tracks, but I keep getting "Error loading mesh skyboxi.gmt to memory", when I load the track.
I did add "SearchPath=ReizaCommon" to the .scn file...
Then I also added
MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS
MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS
But I still get this error...

Yeah I copied over the commonmaps.mas from RF and renamed it commonmapsrf.mas and then put it in the reizacommon folder and then made sure to add the commonmapsrf.mas to the file search bit in the track scn. Should make all RF tracks work. I think RF tracks tended to use a different skybox...or something. I'm not a scientist.

hello friends, I am having some problems using the Shards REIZA on the track because the textures on the asfalt do not come out correctly in AUTOMOBILISTA
someone can help me?

Attachments

• Sem.png
    Sem.png
    715 KB · Views: 534
Is it really hard to convert some of Patrick's game stock car extreme circuits so i can use them in Automobilista ?
I had a go of trying to get his Watkins Glen track to load but it crashed my game :(
Patrick made some wicked tracks for game stock car that i would love to see in automobilista :)

Patrick's tracks almost all convert to AMS via copy & paste or with slight edits. I have some of his and the SRW Watkins Glen in AMS. All of these tracks would be without the proper upgraded AMS features though, but they do work OK for offline or league play. :)

Patrick's tracks almost all convert to AMS via copy & paste or with slight edits. I have some of his and the SRW Watkins Glen in AMS. All of these tracks would be without the proper upgraded AMS features though, but they do work OK for offline or league play. :)
Hmm i copy and pasted SRW Watkins Glen and got a error and it crashed the game... I will look in to it more :) Thanx for your reply :)

Also guys go into the reiza common folder look at all the different combos of cloud***.mas files and combining it with the different sky***.mas files. You can get some REALLY striking looking combinations in the afternoon/evening. Don't be scared to shy away from the...

MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS
MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS

...combination. Play around and see what you can make, share some screenshots of different combinations

The GSCE Monaco 2012 mod track works without any changes needed in Automobilista.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/montecarlo.2797/

It looks pretty damn good too.

Rouen also as good.

Patrick Giranthon could teach us how to add the AMS dynamic racing line, or we could wait for him to do each track. He wants us to wait. AMS will be dead within 10 months.

Worked with a guy like Patrick from 2003 to 2008. Kept all the knowledge in his head, never trained anyone, never wanted anyone to know more than him.

He was demoted in 2007 and fired in 2008.

Two people went to his leaving party. Me and one other guy.

Last edited:
Patrick Giranthon could teach us how to add the AMS dynamic racing line, or we could wait for him to do each track. He wants us to wait. AMS will be dead within 10 months.

Worked with a guy like Patrick from 2003 to 2008. Kept all the knowledge in his head, never trained anyone, never wanted anyone to know more than him.

A little harsh I think and uncalled for, especially from someone who as been around since...today according to your profile!!!! First post and you attack a guy putting lots of his free time for the community as a whole...well done! Comments like this will result in one thing if not careful...Patrick will happily convert tracks etc and keep them to his own hard drive :(

Sharing of the knowledge would be useful to get stuff ported over where we can...However I also greatly sympathise with Patrick because the interweb is full of people that use others hard work and dedicatation and claim it as their own!!!

I would love to know how to add the extra AMS stuff but have no idea how at the moment...love someone to share especially if it just means adding certain (available) files or editing text etc. IF it involves any form of modelling then I will leave it to others like Patrick to use their skills on behalf of the community.

Last edited:
The only persons able to teach are from Reiza… Patrick explained more than once that he got his knowledge from them but is not allowed to spread it. So we are lucky that he put so much dedication and kindness that they shared their secrets with him! And now he puts an incredible amount of time and works hard to deliver as many tracks as possible, as close as possible to the original tracks. He even has a few people helping him now, to save more time and pump out more tracks! And all this for free! With a great attitude in all his posts. Can't ask for more… He honestly is one of the reason that made me buy this game!

Out of curiosty, is it modelling required to add racing line properly or text editing?
I'm not an expert on this but I have also seen 3dMax mentioned several times for those kind of editing… And the 2010 version, not the last ones! That also explains why we have not many people able to do tracks with AMS features. Making Patrick's work even more precious! ;)

The GSCE Monaco 2012 mod track works without any changes needed in Automobilista.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/montecarlo.2797/

It looks pretty damn good too.

Rouen also as good.

I think you dont even know what you are talking about...
I dont have time to waste with a narrow minded guy like you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 300 13.3%