1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Is Assetto Corsa worth buying?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Manolis Sigoulakis, May 19, 2014.

1. Hello! I would like to learn from you, from the people who play Assetto Corsa, is the game worth buying?

I will play it in the summer (if I get it) and very rarely in the winter. Is a possible buy the right choice, or not?

Thanks for reading :)

2. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke
    Let's drive side by side! Premium Member

If you don't play a lot I would not recommend to ship an early access game. Stick with finished stuff then.

Otherwise, yeah, it's worth every penny or cent or whatever your currency is.. :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Turk

Turk
    Premium Member

I think if you have a wheel you should have assetto corsa to go with it. I think you really have to have a wheel to appreciate driving sims properly. If your asking from the point of view of using it with a joypad then I don't know, I gave up on games like that a long time ago but comparing content there might be more enjoyment with a console like arcade game when playing with a joypad (although I know there are plenty of people playing AC with a joypad).

AC is the best driving game I've played, Kunos have somehow introduced the feeling of driving a car, you can actually feel what the car is doing rather than just relying on what you see in front of you.

You could get NetKar Pro and try that out, its very cheap now and is a representation of kunos way of doing things. I always thought it was a great sim it's a shame it never took off. If you like NetKar, you'll more than likely love Assetto Corsa.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. If you own a wheel and pedals and like racing sims, then its well worth owning. Even in its current unfinished state, this game has a large following already and people love it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. i thought it was worth well it w/out a wheel; considering future content + the modding tools to be released soon, i'd say it's a fantastic value w/ a 360 pad.

but the downsides are you might like it so much youll soon be spending hundreds/thousands on racing sim crap and will probably never feel the touch of a woman again.

• Haha Haha x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. Could you tell me if Assetto Corsa is worth getting pls? What's good about it and what's not?

7. Yes.

Read the forums. Look at videos on youtube. Check out the comments in the AC Racing Club forum.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sorry not trying to be disagreeable or a douche but this has been asked and answered here on countless occasions. Please use the search function in the top right as a lot of the answers are already there. If you type "worth buying" you get this on the hit list.

mod-edit: merged the threads

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

ABSOFREAKINGLOUTLY!

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. It's a "no-brainer" IMO - YES!, but it also depends on what you are looking for in a racing sim. There is no "one size fits all" and we are lucky to have so many choices right now. Just be aware, it's a WIP but, feels very well massaged overall.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Yes! For me there are many positive attributes, the ability to make the horizon rock solid. I get motionsickness from many games. Next is the UI for car selection and track selection. Of course the nice visual tracks and the car physics seem realistic and it works with SimVibe. It does have some bugs still and sometimes it hangs and requires a CNTL-ALT-DEL or at least ALT-TAB.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

Do they have it working in chassis mode yet?

• Like Like x 2
  13. SimVibe Chassis mode is all that I have tried. So yes as far as I know there is no problem with it in this mode.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

This game it's absolutely killing my wallet!

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. This gives me an image of Saleem throwing money at the screen with nothing coming out of it.

• Haha Haha x 3
  16. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

@Tom Endres tried that last year without any success. :)

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I think it's not working because you didn't throw enough at it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

What can I say, I'm poor.

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. Joao Alves

Joao Alves
    Premium Member

You guys are exaggerating so, so much... You only need one kidney to live well. A kidney sale can get you a servo wheel, hydraulic pedals, etc... I don't see where the mystery in all this is.

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Like Like x 1