Is Assetto Corsa too easy?

When looking at the technology preview i am in bit of a doubt of the realism in Assetto Corsa. I have been driving some cars on track, and in fast cars you have to wait for the car to point straight ahead before pushing the throttle. In the tech demo i can press the throttle to the floor real early - and the car won't spin out at all. It's actually quite difficult to really loose the car.

But then again i never tried the lotus elise in real life, so maybe it has better grip than the car i tried in real life (opel speedster turbo - 0-100 km/t in 4 secs). When driving the opel speedster then i had to be VERY careful in the corners - and that's what i don't see in Assetto.

What do you think?

NB! i am aware of that the final version can be totally different.

Oh boy, this debate like over every sim out there. :rolleyes::)

The problem is the car they chose for TP. If only they included two very different car, we would be wiser. I like how it handles, but don't like the FFB on my GT3RS wheel. I guess it's time for me to buy another steering wheel.

I must say that besides KS titles the only sim that gave me that good feeling from FFB was LFS (and in some particular cars of iRacing like the MX-5 but in the others cars FFB like the Ford GT40 and the Williams F1 was really terrible and unpredictable). I tried more than once (and played a lot the first two) GTR, GTR2, Race07, rFactor, rFactor2 and Reiza titles and I was never able to figure out the proper FFB settings to have that feeling I get from Kunos titles and LFS.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong and I hope so because I really like the content they have made available to us (in terms of quantity and quality). What I'm referring in terms of FFB is the effect I get when I got any car in oversteering. If someone knows what I'm talking and manage to get a solution to that I would be very grateful! :cool:

I'm not saying they suck as I really respect what Reiza, Simbin, ISI and iRacing made to simracing and I'm really grateful to them, I'm just saying that they don't fit into my personal taste or what I expect to feel from a race car.

:cool:

edit: I forgot to mention I have a Logitech G25

Last edited:
I must say that besides KS titles the only sim that gave me that good feeling from FFB was LFS...
I haven't played LFS properly except demo for a very brief time. And when your wheel is not set properly, no miracle can happen. But NKP amazed me from the start. However, I still can't figure out how to be fast there. :laugh:

What I'm referring in terms of FFB is the effect I get when I got any car in oversteering. If someone knows what I'm talking and manage to get a solution to that I would be very grateful! :cool:
I always hate when steering goes heavier instead of lighter in Race 07 when you loose grip. I rarely play it now after GSC12 purchase and if I do I mostly drive in wet conditions. I started tweeking FFB in GSC12 but can't tell if I made it better or worse actually.

The problem I have is that GT3RS wheel feels very heavy and slow on its own, so using a drift mode is necessary. And I ended up using too much of it, presset 4 from 5 to be specific, but can't get lower as the wheel feels painfully slow. I actually feel that power unassisted steering on older FWD father's car is very easy to turn. Facepalm.

And AC TP is quite good, but I'm missing something there.

Car does barely 1.1G. 1st Gear is barely pushing over 3000 Nm if not lower, if you exit a medium corner maybe even less then 2000. Suspension, tire and balance looks okay. Some cars especially MR as shown in the videos don't like road elevation and camber that much.

Zonda in the AC video shows more power oversteer, other cars probably more lift-off oversteer. Car that has both probably won't be as "easy" to drive as the Elise :)

In my opinion the Elise in the TechPreview was very nervous when you shift down (with clutch and h-shifter) and didn´t match the revs correct while turning into the corner. This let me spin arround a couple times and wasn´t "too easy" at all. Friends of me that are not so familiar with simracing or driving with a Playseat spin arround every time downhifting late into the corner because they aren´t used to heal-toe. For them it was more too difficult.

In my opinion the Elise in the TechPreview was very nervous when you shift down (with clutch and h-shifter) and didn´t match the revs correct while turning into the corner. This let me spin arround a couple times and wasn´t "too easy" at all. Friends of me that are not so familiar with simracing or driving with a Playseat spin arround every time downhifting late into the corner because they aren´t used to heal-toe. For them it was more too difficult.
Well.. That's because they don't know how to drive though :p

If they would attempt to go as fast as they tried in the sim in real life, with no heel and toe, they would spin too.

[/quote] Above is more of a generalisation though I have no idea what the old M3 is like compared to the new one maybe it is more unpredictable :) , also some people will maybe gravitate to liking or finding x car easer and more predictable for them than Y car.[/quote]

I´ve had an E36 and it´s a very predictable car. Well balanced and fairly heavy. You can slide it around all day with little to no stabs in the back.
Can't wait for AC version, if there will be one. =)

I would find it incredibly weird if the FFB on any Fanatec wheel, and the CSW in particular won't be spot on in AC, considering the fact that Kunos and Fanatec are partners and Kunos are using a CSW in their testing;
463660_558432847516371_179186425_o.jpg

I reckon it's down part setting it up correctly, part expectations and part limitations of the wheel and technology itself (how FFB works opposed to reality + the fact that the wheel is trying to compensate for lack of the others seneses getting input).
I have the GT3RS myself and I love the wheel, but it IS slow, both the T500 and the CSW should be major upgrades on that alone.

So after playing the early release for about 43 hours I have to say that yes it is too easy. I spend most of my time in the road cars because they feel the most challenging to drive. When it comes to the BMW GT2 I can just mash the gas, turn the wheel crazily and have no fear of spinning out or crashing nine times out of ten. With the exception of the Zonda the fast cars we have so far are kinda boring to drive, and that really should not be the case! I hope that in the future they will tighten the sim up so that the degree between having grip and losing grip are more extreme. The static view of the cockpit certainly adds to the blandness as your head is not subject to any forces and feels like it is bolted to the frame. There is also no need to pay attention to what you are doing, or slightly correct the cars while driving down straights. In my irl car I always have to pay attention and make minor corrections as I drive, but not in AC. Alot of things feel odd, but hopefully they will correct this stuff as time goes on.

Since this thread was created for the Tech Preview, what are other peoples thoughts now that we are playing the early release?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%