Is Assetto Corsa dying?

AC, until now, is more a pure Hotlap game .... and all that's around it has to improve a lot !.
It lacks first of all of race ambiance, race settings and rules, good AI, multiplayer settings ... and all what goes with it.

This^^. Couldn't have put it better myself. It still feels unfinished after all this time. Can't complain about the FFB though, I quite like the AC FFB.

• Deleted member 197115

If AC is dead, what is not?
In other words, what would be the other, comparable race sim to replace it?

If he does come back, will he be himself or someone/thing totally different? I suspect the latter holds true for him and AC because both have reached dead ends in their current state.....
But I don't understand what you mean with AC being dead.. It is in active development. Netkar pro, yes it is a dead game in terms of community playing it and developers working on it. But with AC, not at all.

If its dead why speak about it? Just move on...
Speaking about dead things has no purpose. Cheers ;)
I'm into horror and talking about dead things. :)

And being silly from time to time.

But on a slightly more serious note. AC had the spotlight for awhile but has lost it because its basic functional flaws have not been addressed in a timely manner and newer, shinier - not necessarily better - things have come along in the interim.

Inertia is a bad thing for software. Mods and new licences and such are fine but if the basic product has gained a reputation as a hotlapper and not a race simmer by the majority that is not a sign of growth but of stagnation and that leads to ....

I'm into horror and talking about dead things. :)

And being silly from time to time.

But on a slightly more serious note. AC had the spotlight for awhile but has lost it because its basic functional flaws have not been addressed in a timely manner and newer, shinier - not necessarily better - things have come along in the interim.

Inertia is a bad thing for software. Mods and new licences and such are fine but if the basic product has gained a reputation as a hotlapper and not a race simmer by the majority that is not a sign of growth but of stagnation and that leads to ....

Cool. Well you did your part certainly, you have stated your opinion about it, and what else do you have in plan, in order to make AC more dead? Cheers :)

So, basically, you believe AC is dead because doomed by its hotlap reputation, no matter the huge improvements will be soon released with 1.2 build.
Always more sillest thread ever :sick:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back