Is anyone using the Logitech Driving Force Wireless?

I've seen this wheel for around £25. It has no pedals and is lap mounted. (not clamped to a table)

I have a number of driving games on the PS3 including F1 2010 and don't have the room for a full Wheel and Pedal setup.

Is anyone using it and is it a good step up from a normal dualshock controller?

I think any kind of wheel would be a step up from a standard controller.

I did have a very early Fanatec product that was similar in that it was lap mounted (but it had pedals), and for me, its the most un-natural position to drive in.

If thats all you can have given your limitation for space, then i guess you`ll have to grin and bear it.
But i would urge you to have a good think about maybe creating some extra space for a table mounted setup, even if that table is a small fold up dinner table, as it would be very worth it over the lap mounted option.

Upvote 0
I had one for some time. It worked very good,I used it mainly on the P/S2. I used it on the computer as a back-up wheel. I'm like Kris,I couldn't use in lap. I used the extender's for lap mount and drilled four holes and used long wood screws to mount on desk,LOL. It didn't move at all! It worked flawlessly while I had it,Input's...steering gas brake worked just like wired wheel. I prefer pedals but the gas and brake are the shifter paddles on wheel. They are smooth and progressive,Not the clikking type of shifters. I let it go cuz I have several back-ups now and a friend wanted it. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. I really don't have the room for a table unfortunately.

It's good to know it worked well, and for the money if I need to modify it, i'm not drilling into a expensive piece of kit.

Upvote 0
It arrived yesterday. I have to say for £25 i'm very happy with it.

It does move around a little but as I used it more you got used to how your leg posistion needed to be to make it more secure. It has some soft rubber points on the adustable leg holders that grip my jeans quite well.

Force feedback is good and reacts well to the curbs. The throttle and brake on padels are pretty easy to operate and I got used to them quickly having moved onto it from a Dualshock controller. (basically the same operation just a little further apart)

Do you remember any settings for it?

The menu in F1 2010 has a load of adjustments, Deadzone, Linear steering curves and various Saturation settings... any ideas?

Upvote 0
Do you remember any settings for it?

The menu in F1 2010 has a load of adjustments, Deadzone, Linear steering curves and various Saturation settings... any ideas?

Your best bet would be to try the settings posted in the F1 2010 forums.

They might not suit your wheel perfectly, but it`ll probably be a good starting point :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.6%
  • < 5 years