Is anyone else getting directed to a survey on this forum?

This week, often when I go to the F1 2012 forum, I get redirected to loaclgiftspanel.com for one of those stupid surveys. Looked it up on the internet, it looks like RD might have some malware or virus lurking somewhere. Is anyone else gettnig this? I can find no problem on my own computer.

My pc appears to be clean - I looked it up on google and it appeared to be affecting other forums as well so thought I would ask.
I will check my computer again, thanks for the responses :)

Bram, the same issue is being discussed on other forums and they seem to think it is a problem with the forum rather than an individuals pc.
I have checked my pc as thoroughly as possible and can find nothing untoward on it.
But it seems it may also be only those with IE8 or below who are affected, so I have upgraded to IE 9 to see if it prevents the problem appearing at my end.

Thats a total different forum software (ancient vbulletin vs our xenforo). Whatever browser I try I cannot reproduce it and also Google Webmaster Tools malware scan gives no results either. Must be something you have installed on your end while browsing the interwebs.

However if I run into something Ill let you know.

Can I give one tip: get rid of IE6, 7, 8, 9 and install either Chrome (recommended) or Firefox as that will at increase your internet experience on 99% of the available websites.:thumbsup:

Just completed a deep scan of all my files, took 3.5hrs! But it is completely clean of any mal, spy, or virus, so no problem at this end.
I had downgraded to IE8 because 9 was so slow & kept pausing for long spells, (especially on this RD site, and also the Codemasters forums). And then I upgraded back to 9 when this issue started happening & also because I kept reading of supportceasing for IE8 along with its security issues.
So I may well do what you suggest anyway and give Chrome or Firefox a try :)

Thanks for the suggestion Eyghon, I did try all those on IE9, but to be honest I can't be bothered messing with all those addons, apart from the popup blocker, and I just ended up disabling them to try and speed it up :)

I downloaded a maicious software removal tool from Microsoft (which took 3.5hrs to scan). But since you mentioned Spybot, I downloaded that as well, and it has just finished scanning, much quicker I might add, but again, zero problems found here. Both programs check for a very similar list of problems, so it's now been double checked and I am happy there has been nothing untoward on my pc.
Personally I have still not seen the issue reappear since upgrading to IE9, but I see that others have, so that may not be relevant.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 266 13.6%