Is an animated object possible?

Hello to everyone!
First of all, Thanks for this awosome forum, expecially for this BTB section.:)

My answer is: it's possible to use gif or animated object in BTB or using 3dsimed?
I try to convert gif in dds but... it's impossible.
My problem it's I have to do a semaphore that ....working, into a city that I'm building with BTB for GTR2
And if not, it's possible with other methods?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Marco

First, you need RAD Video Tools to convert your movie into BIK format. If you use an animated gif, put this into Windows Movie Maker or something similar and export as a WMV file.
Use the video tools to convert this to BIK format. When it's done, call it movie.bik and put it in the track folder where you'll find the SCN, GDB etc.
Create your object with a dummy material (call it movie.dds) with the same width and height as your video.
Place it in BTB. Export.
Open up the track in SimEd. Go to Edit Materials, and find the material called "movie". Select it, and click Edit.
Depending on your version of SimEd, change your diffuse map to movie.bik.
Export as GMTs, then it should work!

Hi! I have tried but I can not find .bik in 3dsimed (in diffuse panel)... it accept only .dds .bmp .anm and other but not .bik.
I have tried also to type in movie.bik directly but... nothing.
I have 2.12 version of 3dsimed (the last I think...)... is this the problem?

Hi! I have tried but I can not find .bik in 3dsimed (in diffuse panel)... it accept only .dds .bmp .anm and other but not .bik.
I have tried also to type in movie.bik directly but... nothing.
I have 2.12 version of 3dsimed (the last I think...)... is this the problem?
When the file window opens just type the file name in including .bik at the end, ie. yourfile.bik or just .bik and it will show all .bik files in the folder.
Also remember the .bik dimensions must be power of 2 like .dds 128x128 128x256 etc.

There is a property at the bottom of the window called Animation, but I can't look properly as it is under the task bar and I can't re size the window.

Not sure if I am clear on what you mean by under the task bar.....I think you mean ...like.....the 3dsimed window is a little bigger or wider or longer than your screen......i have some programs that are like that........Kyle if you right click on start menu, select properties, this brings up a window called taskbar and start menu properties... click on the 1st tab call taskbar. Then you will see some check boxes.
put a tick in auto hide taskbar.......then click ok.
now when you go back to desktop you will see no task bar down below....if you bring your mouse down to where the task bar normally would be it will then appear, when mouse is moved away it will disappear........hopefully this will then allow you to see the whole 3dsimed screen.

Sorry for the post If you already knew of this bit of info (some ppl maybe new to pc)......just thought i would try and help.

MP

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back