iRacing Videos

I found Motegi to be very difficult. At the moment, I think it will require a lot of drift braking and brake hitting in mid-corner. The C6.R is almost dying in 2nd gear during the slowest corners and the turning radius is too big for this track I think. The setup will be crucial at Twin Ring, I will have to live with more oversteer overall to compensate the understeer as much as possible. Corners in Montegi are simply a bit tight for Corvette I think.

Nice battle Hampus. Yesterday I entered my first practice with Corvette and I have to tell I missed it so much. Since I have troubles with my PC (and I have to play on a slow laptop), I can't enter practices very often in order no to make problems, but I am looking forward to racing again so much!

I don't know how you managed to get that video so smooth. When I record my videos with FRAPS, I usually get around 50-60 FPS. Since you told me that Youtube is locked at 30 FPS, I locked my Fraps at 30 FPS and tried to record a footage. It doesn't seem even nearly as smooth as yours, even though there are no FPS drops, stable 30 FPS. Is there trick of some kind? :D I experience a stutter from time to time, but that was probably caused by a slow HDD creating a new file (today, a new version of Fraps was released and it makes almost infinitely large files now). Maybe a faster computer would help, but since I locked it to 30 FPS, I'm not so sure.

EDIT: Now something hit me... would it be better with V-Sync enabled? At lesat it should reduce the stuttering.

I have my FRAPS locked to 30 fps.

I don´t run V-sync either, it will look choppy in iracing because the game is so sensitive to fps but on youtube it will be smooth.

Do you render it or do you put up the whole file to youtube?

Do you render it or do you put up the whole file to youtube?

Well, I put it into VirtualDub and Export it in XviD. My video above is 5:00 and it is around 250MB. I have no experience in this area though, could you share your Export settings please? It doesn't matter what you use, I will adapt my settings or programs properly. I was thinking about using Sony Vegas instead, but since I don't need any advanced editing right now, I use very simple (but powerful) VirtualDub.

Well, I put it into VirtualDub and Export it in XviD. My video above is 5:00 and it is around 250MB. I have no experience in this area though, could you share your Export settings please? It doesn't matter what you use, I will adapt my settings or programs properly. I was thinking about using Sony Vegas instead, but since I don't need any advanced editing right now, I use very simple (but powerful) VirtualDub.
1920x1080 30 fps 6000mbt bitrate i think.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back